Blaine Gabbert = Ken O'Brien?

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AFC Championship losses > Superbowl wins, right?

IDC that Big Ben had a "bad" game vs the Seahawks, or that he isn't throwing 50 TDs a season. The guy just flat out wins, and he's not like Trent Dilfer even if you guys try and shove that down everyone's throat that he rides the coattails of the defense - it's just not true.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
As bad as Trent? No.

Special? Definitely not. Winning because you have more talent around you than a guy like Peyton has ever had doesn't make you special.

Again, I've never said that he's not a good QB, he is, but he's more Eli Manning than he is Brady, etc...

Reaction score
As bad as Trent? No.

Special? Definitely not. Winning because you have more talent around you than a guy like Peyton has ever had doesn't make you special.

Again, I've never said that he's not a good QB, he is, but he's more Eli Manning than he is Brady, etc...
Untrue Peyton has had a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball, and some years defensive too. Defo not a Steelers defense, though. They do fail him a lot, but at the same time they were the reason they won a ring. It's a team effort.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Elway, Bradshaw, Montana, Brady, Staubach, Aikman, Griese, Starr, Plunket... All HOFers [Brady will be, Plunket should be]. And, throw in Big Ben. The only multiple super bowl winning QBs of all time.

Reaction score
Elway's rings were very overrated. He got carried like a bitch, but I'll cut some slack cuz he carried some non championship teams, to face some of the all time great teams like the 86 Giants, 89 49ers, and such. He did play good in his last game tho...

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dude you guys are a tough crowd to please... Elway didn't have great stats in his superbowls, but jesus christ hop off.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Untrue Peyton has had a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball, and some years defensive too. Defo not a Steelers defense, though. They do fail him a lot, but at the same time they were the reason they won a ring. It's a team effort.
Not really, guys like Wayne and Marvin were good, but they're certainly not as good without Peyton. And they've never had anything close to a Steelers defense.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Elway, Bradshaw, Montana, Brady, Staubach, Aikman, Griese, Starr, Plunket... All HOFers [Brady will be, Plunket should be]. And, throw in Big Ben. The only multiple super bowl winning QBs of all time.
That's nice, doesn't really mean anything considering he's not as good as any of those guys IMO

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wayne, Harrison, Clark >>> Ward, Holmes, Miller.

Reaction score
Not really, guys like Wayne and Marvin were good, but they're certainly not as good without Peyton. And they've never had anything close to a Steelers defense.
Don't forget the Edge, that dude was a god before the ACL injury. But yeah I get you, he had to work with some bums too.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In his defense, Edge didn't play in the superbowl.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Wayne, Harrison, Clark >>> Ward, Holmes, Miller.
Probably because Big Ben isn't good enough to make them look as good as those guys did, like I've been saying, even with that great running game he's always had

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with you - I was just correcting you.

TTN2810

Reaction score
He's not a "special" QB. Even this year, they were 3-1 without him.
He's not the once every 7-8 year QB. You can get a guy like Roethlisberger every 1-2 years.

Not saying I wouldn't love to have a QB like him, but he's not a special QB.

Mooche

Reaction score
Could argue that they wouldn't of gotten to the superbowl without him. Sooo.
He walked into Cinci, Indianapolis and Denver and beat all very good teams..

That's my point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%