Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From Lebron's mouth:

"I got a long way, long way to be mentioned as one of the all-time greats. Not even just Jordan – there are a lot of great players who have played in this league: Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and all these guys that are floating around with multiple rings. Bill Russell. All of these guys who have pioneered the game for me and Dwyane Wade."
So with that said, if you could pick a SF to build your team around, would you go with Lebron or Bird?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I may be in the minority here, but I'm going to take Bird. Best passing forward ever, top three shooter in NBA history, etc. LeBron's not on his level (yet).

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
I take Bron too. I love Bird but I think when LeBron's career is all said and done people will say he's better than Bird.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I took Bird because LeBron isn't a SF. He's practically a point guard.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I may be in the minority here, but I'm going to take Bird. Best passing forward ever, top three shooter in NBA history, etc. LeBron's not on his level (yet).
I took Bird too. Better passer, better rebounder, better scorer (yes I said it), underrated defender. Dude averaged like 2 blocks a game as a SF for most of his career.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Give me Bird, he lead his team to multiple titles. Lebron hasnt done that yet.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Would you even be saying this if he ahd stayed in Cleveland?
Yes, I've always liked LeBron, not as much as I do now obviously, but I've always liked him and always picked him in the LeBron/Kobe debates.

Give me Bird, he lead his team to multiple titles. Lebron hasnt done that yet.
It said start a team with, meaning Larry doesn't get multiple Hall of Famers on his team this time.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To build a team around? LeBron easily.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yes, I've always liked LeBron, not as much as I do now obviously, but I've always liked him and always picked him in the LeBron/Kobe debates.

It said start a team with, meaning Larry doesn't get multiple Hall of Famers on his team this time.
Doesn't mean Bird wasn't more skilled than LeBron.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Larry of course for me

Like MJ did to Scottie, Bird took average players like Robert Parish, Kevin McHale, DJ, Danny Ainge, etc, and made them into stars

Larry Bird is the best white basketball player in NBA history, and he can be argued to be a top 5 player in NBA history of all players

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
smh

Larry made his players great. If you look at the stats for the Chief, or DJ, or Ainge, you'll find they were much more successful in Boston, because they had Larry.

If you honestly were saying Bird isn't as great, because he played with All Stars, please get off of this forum, or at least the NBA parts. You obviously don't know enough about the history of the sport to be talking about it

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
smh

Larry made his players great. If you look at the stats for the Chief, or DJ, or Ainge, you'll find they were much more successful in Boston, because they had Larry.

If you honestly were saying Bird isn't as great, because he played with All Stars, please get off of this forum, or at least the NBA parts. You obviously don't know enough about the history of the sport to be talking about it
I never said Bird wasn't great because he played with Hall of Famers (not just All-Stars). I know Larry is an all-time great, but it said to build a team with. Parish and McHale were far better than anybody LBJ has ever played with up to this season.

Bird played 6 games in 88-89 and the Celtics still won 42 games. LeBron leaves Cleveland and they can't even win 20 games.

LeBron's impact on Cleveland was unlike anything the NBA has ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%