Best team in the NBA at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Swish

Theres a few candidates with the likes of the Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, Heat, Celtics and even the Knicks
Right at this moment in time, who do you think is going to win?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers are always a threat, but I don't think they can get a championship this year, especially if the Spurs, Mavs, Knicks, Heat, and Jazz keep playing like they have been.

Right now i'd say the most dominant team has to be the Heat, Spurs or Mavs.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'll probably get plenty of shit for saying it, but I don't think the Knicks are a serious threat lol. They are playing great basketball right now, and got some young talented pieces. But I think they are far from the best team in the league, or a title contender. Still need a couple more pieces.
I mean previous to this run, they were still likely a playoff team. Not trying to say they aren't good, but they aren't nearly ready to be considered with the Lakers of the league yet.

However to answer the question, with the Heat finally clicking, it's hard not to go with them. Same goes for the Mavs in the West.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it comes to who is actually contenders, these are the top contenders, in these order of these groupings.

1. Lakers or Celtics (Both teams obviously proven, favorites since day 1)
2. Mavs or Heat (Teams with most potential, but both with flaws, Mavs have proven to fizzle in the playoffs, Heat have not been together through a playoff battle, and are still learning to gell together
3. Spurs or Bulls (Darkhorses, Spurs older team, Bulls have the front runner for the MVP so far IMO in Rose and always play the best teams really well)

In terms of best team RIGHT NOW, it's the Mavs and Heat

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If so, let's hope the refs are fair in this one. :D

S

Swish

you guys are all wrong! its all about the Twolves!

jokes apart, Mavericks in my opinion are the best team in the NBA RIGHT NOW, just wait for the playoffs to start to see the Lakers being the best team in the NBA once again...

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bynum is back on Tuesday.
Spurs and Mavs have better records, but lakers are better than both of them.
think of it, spurs and mavs have been relatively healthy all season and they have like a 3 game lead on the lakers who are 9-7 their last 16......
but i think you guys get it from what im reading.

anyways, i cant believe you guys
best team in the NBA is clearly the Celtics
10 straight, shooting 51% as a team all season long
and they're the best defensive team in the league, been there done that, clearly the best

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're like 9-2 against teams over .500 as well.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'll probably get plenty of <Censored> for saying it, but I don't think the Knicks are a serious threat lol. They are playing great basketball right now, and got some young talented pieces. But I think they are far from the best team in the league, or a title contender. Still need a couple more pieces.
I mean previous to this run, they were still likely a playoff team. Not trying to say they aren't good, but they aren't nearly ready to be considered with the Lakers of the league yet.

However to answer the question, with the Heat finally clicking, it's hard not to go with them. Same goes for the Mavs in the West.
Nah the truth is the truth we arent the best team by any means right now or contender's but we are a threat in the East, and thats all Ive been asking for the last few years lol

I say the top team right now are the Celtics, everyone's clicking, everyone's healthy (aside from Perk) KG's playing some of the best ball he's played in years and their on a 12 game win streak.

VC15

Reaction score
It's Boston and nobody else is close.

uwp

Reaction score
Bynum is back on Tuesday.
Spurs and Mavs have better records, but lakers are better than both of them.
think of it, spurs and mavs have been relatively healthy all season and they have like a 3 game lead on the lakers who are 9-7 their last 16......
but i think you guys get it from what im reading.

anyways, i cant believe you guys
best team in the NBA is clearly the Celtics
10 straight, shooting 51% as a team all season long
and they're the best defensive team in the league, been there done that, clearly the bes
t
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Brsox04

Reaction score
Right now, I would have to say Celtics.

HOWEVER

I think that as time goes by, they will start to fade out. They can't possibly stay healthy all season. The team belongs in a nursing home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%