Bengals.com Mock Draft

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
It'll be AJ Green at 4.

Mike Brown doesn't believe Carson.. & It'll come back to bite him in the ass.
According to Bengals.com, the team is now thought to be taking Carson Palmer's retirement threat "quite seriously," and "kicking the tires on all kinds of options" to replace him at quarterback.

The Bengals "want" Palmer back, but are expected to take a "close look" at rookie quarterbacks. Cincinnati holds the No. 4 pick in the draft, where it could seriously consider Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert if one of them falls past Carolina and Buffalo. If Palmer is serious, the Bengals can't afford to exit the draft with his brother, Jordan, atop the depth chart.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know why the Bengals are so adamant on wanting him back. It's not like Carson is coming off a great 2010 season.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't know why the Bengals are so adamant on wanting him back. It's not like Carson is coming off a great 2010 season.
Because it really sets them back. Mike thinks Carson is still a good QB that could lead the team for several years. It's not just 2010 either, he really hasn't been the same since '06 or so.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I was the Bengals, I'd send him the retirement papers. Get that salary off my team.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
If I was the Bengals, I'd send him the retirement papers. Get that salary off my team.

No one seems to believe that Bengals owner Mike Brown will trade Carson Palmer in 2011.

That means Palmer either caves on his retirement threat or he may have to sit out the season. Those closest to Palmer seem to think he’s just as stubborn as Brown, which will likely lead to a long stalemate.

You’d think that Bengals coach Marvin Lewis would be the man to bridge the gap between the sides. Perhaps he will be that guy behind the scenes. Publicly, he’s saying he won’t try to change Palmer’s mind.

“If a guy doesn’t want to play, you don’t want to talk him out of it,” Lewis told Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports this week.

That leaves the Bengals in a strange place. They probably need to add a rookie quarterback and a veteran, but taking a quarterback at No. 4 might be a stretch and they can’t get a veteran until the lockout is over.

“I can’t tell you how many years of experience our starting quarterback will have, if any,” Lewis said. “Whoever it will be, we’ll be pretty confident. It’s going to be a pretty exciting thing for our football team.”

Exciting wouldn’t be the word we’d choose.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think if he actually does sit out the first few games, the Bengals will wise up and work at trading him. It might take them a while to find an appealing deal though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%