Beane Expects To Stay Put; Stadium Verdict Upcoming

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
mlbtr
Billy Beane addressed both his own future with the A's and the club's future in Oakland today. There has been speculation that Beane could possibly leave the A's for another job, possibly with the Cubs, but Beane said "I plan on being here" in 2012.

In regards to the team's quest to have a new stadium built in San Jose, Beane said he expects a final decision to come soon. Though Beane admitted that he has heard similar promises about a resolution to the stadium issue over the last two and a half years, he stated that "this time I'm going to believe it," which would indicate why he's publicly stating his confidence in a forthcoming decision.

Beane confirmed today that the A's were holding off on decisions about their 2012 payroll until the stadium issue was settled. We heard about this last week, with the expectation being that if the team's move to San Jose is approved, the Athletics would look to cut payroll and enter an "all-out rebuilding mode."

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Kind of coincidental that Beane is considering leaving during the same time that movie comes out about him and the A's, lol. I really wonder what he could do with a moderate to large payroll to back him up, it would be an interesting proposition.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
All he did was change the way players are scouted. Now the scouting process is just more in-depth, and a lot of other teams use the same methods now. He changed a part of the game and thats that. Doesn't necessarily mean he's some kinda genius and would put together an amazing team with a bigger payroll at his disposal.

Keep in mind that A's team everyone refers to during "Moneyball" succeeded mostly because of 3 pitchers, 2 of which were drafted by Sandy Alderson.

He can go to another team with more money to spend but he's still battling other GMs who do the same thing he does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%