Batum Signs Offer Sheet With TWolves

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nicolas Batum has agreed to a four-year, $45 million offer sheet with the Wolves.

Bonuses could push the deal to $50 million.

The Blazers have appeared determined to match any offer sheet Batum signs elsewhere.
Isn't that damn near the max?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright, I was going to say. That would be absurd.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's still getting more than 10 million a year though, wow

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
i can't believe Batum is gonna be making double-digit millions, but their team is starting to shape up a little bit...

PG - Rubio
SG - Roy
SF - Batum
PF - KLove
C - ?????

will the team look something like that?

also, does anyone think Portland will match this?

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
It sounds like the chances we don't match are very slim. Expect Batum back in Portland next year.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports! tweets...
-----------------------------------------
Minnesota's considered pitching a Derrick Williams-Martell Webster sign-and-trade for Nic Batum, sources say. Portland would reject it.

Whatever Nic Batum decides to do - signs a Minny offer sheet, or not - he'll be a Blazer again. Portland isn't losing him to the Wolves.

Ken Berger of CBSSports.com tweets...
-----------------------------------------
Others have touched on this, but Blazers have nothing but contempt for Minnesota's bid for RFA Nicolas Batum. Sorry, Nic, you're staying.
Blazers just complete meeting with Batum and agent in downtown Portland and say they will match any offer and will not engage in sign-and-trade.

Blazers GM Olshey says it was "constructive" in that Blazers were able to get their message across face-to-face in meeting at The Nines

Olshey: "We told Nic it is in his best interests to sign with us."

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i can't believe Batum is gonna be making double-digit millions, but their team is starting to shape up a little bit...

PG - Rubio
SG - Roy
SF - Batum
PF - KLove
C - ?????
How could u forget Big Pek? He's a beast yo.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
I think Khan is still obsessed with Oregon having been born here. The Wolves are filled with guys with Oregon backgrounds. Kevin Love, Brandon Roy, Luke Ridnour, Martell Webster, Rick Adelman, Terry Porter, and now Batum? smh lmao

Amare

#swaggeronahudredthousandtrillion
Reaction score
great player for that team, especially when they lost Beasley.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont think roy should be starting just yet but i hope they can keep batum, that team will be pretty damn good.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
I agree, Roy shouldn't start just yet... but if he proves worthy, imagine what that team could be. If Portland would let Batum go, that team would be real nice. A power shift would be on it's way. The lower tier teams are starting to come up it seems but we have to wait for the season.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Timberwolves plan to amnesty Darko Milicic in order to clear additional cap space for an offer sheet to Nicolas Batum, a league source says.

Milicic, 27, has two years and $10 million remaining on his contract but only $7 million is guaranteed.

The Blazers plan to match all offers for Batum.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Well, since we won't get Batum, I must say THANK GOD Milicic is gone.

Even without Batum, this team is going to push for a spot in the 3-8 seeds next season.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
3-8 is pretty big margin lol. id say 6-8

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The Timberwolves aren't making the playoffs next year....

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The Timberwolves aren't making the playoffs next year....
Barring injury, yes they are. If you don't think that, you don't watch this team. They've got the second best coach in the West, the best Power Forward in the game, a great facilitating PG and have now added outside shooters in Roy and Bud. This team will make the playoffs unless Love or Rubio gets hurt.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
but you didnt like chase when he was on the rockets

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Barring injury, yes they are. If you don't think that, you don't watch this team. They've got the second best coach in the West, the best Power Forward in the game, a great facilitating PG and have now added outside shooters in Roy and Bud. This team will make the playoffs unless Love or Rubio gets hurt.
First of all, I dare say YOU don't watch this team because you just became a fan of them... what, 2 weeks ago? Rubio is going to miss a good portion of the season, which is something a lot of people forget. You also can't count on Brandon Roy staying healthy; anything he contributes is just a bonus.

I just don't see it THIS year. The West is such a tough conference, they'll have to scrap with teams like Portland/Utah/New Orleans just to make the playoffs. Saying they'll fight for the 3 seed is absurd.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Well there goes any sign and trade possibilities. I was kind of hoping we'd trade him but oh well, it'll still be nice to have him back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%