Batista Announces He's Fighting For Strikeforce MMA

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

TMZ.com broke the story on Monday morning that former WWE superstar Dave Batista is becoming a professional Mixed Martial Arts fighter.

The 6'5", 290 pound Batista was in Hollywood over weekend and told TMZ that he's headed to the Strikeforce MMA promotion, home of another former WWE superstar, Bobby Lashley.

Batista even told the TMZ camera guy that he already has his first fight lined up, but can't comment on it just yet.

There have been rumors for months that the 41 year old Batista would be following in the footsteps of Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley. Now, its official

Strikeforce Officials Say They Haven't Signed Batista

Our friends over at MMA Mania are reporting that Strikeforce officials confirmed to them that they have not yet signed Dave Batista. This comes after Dave told a TMZ cameraman he's signed with the company.
Hahaha SMH @ Batista

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Strikeforce is strongly denying all reports of signing Batista and I hope they stick to that. As much as I love the potential of Strikeforce, continuing to add pro wrestlers to the roster is a joke. Dave Batista may be big but he's 41-years old. What the 'bleep' is Batista going to with an MMA career?

Mooche

Reaction score
I am really tired about hearing all of these washed up, finished wrestlers who think they can live the dream in the MMA. It's a different game out there boys. Being big, and big alone does not allow you to pass by, you can ask many of fighters.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I am really tired about hearing all of these washed up, finished wrestlers who think they can live the dream in the MMA. It's a different game out there boys. Being big, and big alone does not allow you to pass by, you can ask many of fighters.
Couldn't agree more. There are very few WWE and other fake wrestlers that could make it in the MMA. With Lesnar being one of them obviously, because he was a superstar high school wrestler. You can learn the stand up game quickly, but you can't learn the wrestling and ground game quickly like it showed with Kimbo.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar Calls Batista "Some Wannabe"

UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar was asked about Batista pursing a career in Mixed Martial Arts during today's UFC 116 media conference call. Lesnar didn't want to answer the question but said for him to "get in line" because everyone wants to get into fighting. He then asked for the next question and said they're talking about a heavyweight championship fight, not "some wannabe
Hahaha.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. There are very few WWE and other fake wrestlers that could make it in the MMA. With Lesnar being one of them obviously, because he was a superstar high school wrestler. You can learn the stand up game quickly, but you can't learn the wrestling and ground game quickly like it showed with Kimbo.
Pugz learned that the hard way

TTN2810

Reaction score
Batista would get banned anyways, he's on roids.

Un-natural. Look at the vains.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
That disgusting. And Brock is going to whoop Carwin's ass.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Look at his delts. Those are huge lol.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that's an old pic isn't it? pretty sure he got suspended and came back w/o the roids

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
just cause veins show like that doesnt mean roids. when your muscles get that big your veins get pushed up to the skin like that. my dad is pretty damn close to his size and hes clean, never taken anything he can get from gnc.

also, carwin>brock

i never said brock couldnt fight because he was a former wwe punk, i just simply thought mir had the better skill set and should have won. mir does have the better skill set, but brock had the better game plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%