dwight - 2
deron - 2

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
John Calipari

(sike, but if it was in the offseason then there'd be an outside chance)

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
avery was so lucky to inherit the mavs when he did

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dwight - 2
deron - 2
no cmon

i dont think deron did anything to get rid of sloan or avery

and dwight didnt do anything to get rid of brown. SVG on the other hand, maybe

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
whats his current contract like?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Phil Jackson has no interest in coaching the Brooklyn Nets.

"Phil has no interest in the Nets job at this time," Jackson's agent, Todd Musburger, said via text.

The Nets fired Avery Johnson Thursday morning.

Jackson is reportedly interested in a management position similar to that of Pat Riley's in Miami, where he could shape the front office and roster.
cross pjax off the list..

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Could it also be that the Nets just aren't that good right now? New additions don't mesh that quickly. It's the same reason LAL is struggling right now. Might I also add that I've ALWAYS found Deron Williams overrated, and this forces me to ask if I'm alone, with that thought? His overall lack of effort on defense is grade-A Carlos Boozer material, and I just don't fear him like I fear other great PGs.

It seems like Joe is finally starting to come around. I'm not sure if they'll get better, and I get really tired of in-season coaching moves. Hate on Avery all you want, but 67-15 is still one of the best records in league history. Gerald Wallace is the only player who's busting his ass all game right now, and that's pathetic.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Could it also be that the Nets just aren't that good right now? New additions don't mesh that quickly. It's the same reason LAL is struggling right now. Might I also add that I've ALWAYS found Deron Williams overrated, and this forces me to ask if I'm alone, with that thought? His overall lack of effort on defense is grade-A Carlos Boozer material, and I just don't fear him like I fear other great PGs.

It seems like Joe is finally starting to come around. I'm not sure if they'll get better, and I get really tired of in-season coaching moves. Hate on Avery all you want, but 67-15 is still one of the best records in league history. Gerald Wallace is the only player who's busting his ass all game right now, and that's pathetic.
It really doesn't have that much to do with meshing, they're just a poorly constructed team.

I've said it from the beginning, they won't be good enough defensively to live up to the hype and that's been true.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
That and I don't think Deron Williams and Joe Johnson are a good match

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Me neither, not to mention I think it's finally crystal clear that he'll never play up to the level he played at in Utah again.

Same goes for Joe Johnson, you basically have a case of two "names" that while both are good players, neither are the great or elite players they are made out to be in the media and such.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
It really doesn't have that much to do with meshing, they're just a poorly constructed team.

I've said it from the beginning, they won't be good enough defensively to live up to the hype and that's been true.
LOL. You can hate on the Nets all you want but at least have your argument make sense. We are number 6 in least point allowed per game in the league. Our D was never the problem, it was our offense.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL. You can hate on the Nets all you want but at least have your argument make sense. We are number 6 in least point allowed per game in the league. Our D was never the problem, it was our offense.
Standard stats like PPG, RPG, APG, SPG, BPG, etc are for newbs.

The only reason the Nets are 6th is because they play the 2nd slowest pace in the NBA. The Nets rank 21st (out of 30 teams of course) in defensive efficiency. The Nets rank 20th in opponent true shooting percentage. 27th in effective field goal percentage. 25th in standard field goal percentage. 20th in three point percentage. 23rd in defensive rebound rate. 17th in total rebound rate. 19th in opponents point per shot. That's not good defense, and it also makes sense.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Standard stats like PPG, RPG, APG, SPG, BPG, etc are for newbs.

The only reason the Nets are 6th is because they play the 2nd slowest pace in the NBA. The Nets rank 21st (out of 30 teams of course) in defensive efficiency. The Nets rank 20th in opponent true shooting percentage. 27th in effective field goal percentage. 25th in standard field goal percentage. 20th in three point percentage. 23rd in defensive rebound rate. 17th in total rebound rate. 19th in opponents point per shot. That's not good defense, and it also makes sense.
Lol k. Calm down John Hollinger. The only relevant stat you named is the 2nd slowest pace. Which guess what... is a result of our OFFENSE.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Every last thing I listed is relevant, especially the fact that you rank 21st in defensive efficiency and 19th in points per shot.

The only reason the Nets rank 6th in points allowed is because of how slow they play, ppg is an irrelevant stat. Way too many factors. The Hornets allowed the 7th least amount of points per game last season but they were awful defensively, just because you don't give up a lot of points doesn't mean you play good defense. Every piece of statistical data out there points to the same thing, and that's a poor defensive team.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jeff Van Gundy is being considered by the Brooklyn Nets for their head coaching vacancy, according to sources.

Van Gundy is also interested, but he is unlikely to be willing to meet with the Nets while an interim head coach is in place during the season.

The Nets have yet to reach out to Van Gundy.

Van Gundy has never met with an organization that had a coach in place as part of his personal code, and has respect for P.J. Carlesimo's status.

The Nets would have to meet with Van Gundy during the offseason.

The Knicks met with Phil Jackson while Van Gundy was interim head coach of the Knicks.

Van Gundy turned down the Nets before Avery Johnson was hired in 2010.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he doesnt want the job from what ive read. and apparently pjax would consider the job.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i posted one that said that but i guess his agent jumped the gun. he would want more control but hes willing to talk. hes want crazy money and theyre willing to offer it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%