Austin Jackson to White Sox

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Austin Jackson and the White Sox have come to an agreement on a one year 5 million dollar deal.

Solid deal for both sides, Jackson is elite in CF and that is where he will play in Chicago. The White Sox have made some noise this off-season.

catman

Reaction score
Not sure he is still an "elite" CF, and he might not be an upgrade from Eaton there, but he is better than the other outfield options (Cabrera, Garcia). I like Jackson in right and Cabrera in left with Garcia backing him up.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
catman said:
Not sure he is still an "elite" CF, and he might not be an upgrade from Eaton there, but he is better than the other outfield options (Cabrera, Garcia). I like Jackson in right and Cabrera in left with Garcia backing him up.
Garcia/Melky platoon in LF or RF, Eaton in the other corner, and Jackson in CF...easily better than last year in my opinion. The White Sox want to make some noise.

catman

Reaction score
I think Eaton is likely a better CF than Jackson at this point, but I agree the Sox have a much better outfield with Jackson than without him.

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
You did not just say A-Jax is an elite CFer........ [MENTION=45]rose[/MENTION] [MENTION=30]CP3MVP[/MENTION] [MENTION=19]ncsportsguy[/MENTION]

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Cloud 9 said:
You did not just say A-Jax is an elite CFer........ [MENTION=45]rose[/MENTION] [MENTION=30]CP3MVP[/MENTION] [MENTION=19]ncsportsguy[/MENTION]
I did exaggerate a bit, but he has provided throughout his career to be a solid OF. His defensive WAR definitely has dropped throughout his career, he was once an elite CF and now has turned into a serviceable player.

rose

Reaction score
Hes not a bad player but he's a shadow of what he was suppose to become. Certainly not anywhere close to elite let alone a top 30 OFer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%