ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seattle is going to give Kings fans that same feel :(

Sono

Reaction score
Seattle is going to give Kings fans that same feel
I know the feeling, it blows. Hopefully you guys keep the Kings but nothing would suprise me at this point. Really don't see the NBA going with another expansion team.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
True, no way they expand after the talk of contraction a year ago.

I have a little hope though. The Maloofs seem to love being franchise owners and the fame that comes from ownership, and I doubt Hansen wants anything less than full control of the franchise. We'll see what happens over the next couple years; KJ was reelected mayor for 4 more years so we have time to make this work.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Hansen and the city of Seattle have an agreement to build a new arena, an important step in bringing an NBA team back to the area to play under the Sonics' name.

“It means a lot to the NBA,” Hansen said. “They’ve been watching very close to what we’re doing. I think going in they were very skeptical we would get to this point given our history in Seattle.

“It’s a great win for the city with the league.”

Hansen is cautioning the optimism that a team could be in Seattle by next season.

“I think it’s conceivable, that would be optimistic and that is not an expectation I would not want to set,” he said. “I worry that people are expecting us to get this deal done and it be like magic and a team would be here this year. It’s like, ‘Poof and we’ve got a deal done and where is our team?’ This is a far more difficult process. I think anybody who is intimately familiar with the NBA knows this is a tough next face we have to go through.”
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]​
[/background]​

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Seattle City Council has approved a plan to build a new arena in the city's SODO district.

The vote was 6 to 2 in favor of the project led by Chris Hansen.

The plan calls for $200 million in public investment, but construction will not begin until it passes an environmental review and Hansen purchases an NBA team.

“Council staff, lawyers and councilmembers have worked hard to produce an agreement that protects the city, charts the right site review process and secures appropriate public benefits,” said Council President Sally J. Clark. “Today’s vote closes one phase of tasks and begins another, including work on how we plan for a bright future at Seattle Center.”

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that Hansen guy is dying to buy a team
I could of sworn I read he would overpay for the Kings (maybe even in this thread lol)

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
It'll be the Hornets or Kings. Outside chance with the lol Bobcats lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%