Are the Clippers contenders?

Panic!

Reaction score
Saw an article on bleacher report asking if the Clippers are overlooked.

They have a solid starting 5, and now, it seems like their bench is getting better.

When Blake Griffin comes back, will the Clippers be contenders?

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Depends on your view of the phrase "contenders" ... Contenders to win a lot of games? Yes. Contenders to win a championship? Probably less so, but yes, I think they're still viable. Do they have a good chance at winning the west? Most likely not; unless something happens to either Golden State or San Antonio lineup wise.

BNC

Reaction score
No. And I don't think the Thunder are either. I think only Cleveland, San Antonio and GSW are the only teams with a legit title chance

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
BNC said:
No. And I don't think the Thunder are either. I think only Cleveland, San Antonio and GSW are the only teams with a legit title chance
I think the Thunder have a shot too. Not as great as the other three teams mentioned, but anytime you have two of the top 5 players in the entire league on your team you stand a pretty good chance of winning a title.

BNC

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
I think the Thunder have a shot too. Not as great as the other three teams mentioned, but anytime you have two of the top 5 players in the entire league on your team you stand a pretty good chance of winning a title.
Sure but they have to go through San Antonio without homecourt, then go through GSW without homecourt and then through Cleveland (I assume without homecourt). And they got crushed against the Cavs last game plus LeBron is like 15-3 in his career against KD, I doubt the Thunder would be favoured in any of those series'

Panic!

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
With their defense, I don't think so.

Panic!

Reaction score
I have the CLippers ahead of the Thunder because Thunder defense is horrendous.

Me7o

Savage
Reaction score
They'll be 4th seed but won't make it to WCF imo

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
I mean they are the 5th best team in the NBA. Any other league a top 5 team is a contender, but this is the NBA we are talking about here, no they aren't. The Western conference playoffs will be a blast to watch with the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, Clippers. East will be a bore

Paulius

Reaction score
Lol this question has been asked for 5 years now and every year they choke. No. Theyre not contenders.

BNC

Reaction score
Choke? As in lose to better teams? Last year is really the only time you can say they choked

Losing =/= choking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%