Are the Bears a super bowl dark horse?

D

Dannyboy77

They should make the playoffs quite easily.

They arguably had the best draft. Their defense was ranked 15th last year with crappy players. They have greatly improved their D in just one offseason. So if healthy its a top 10 defense. However their offense is the key. If Cutler has a similar year and White pans out they should be a wild card team. Super Bowl is probably 2 years away.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if i feel like giving myself a crippling migraine, and im home, ill watch first take. that show is super terrible

D

Dannyboy77

bosoxlover12 said:
Just stated some facts pal. No homerisms except maybe for being very blunt on the playoff hopes.

It's football. They can have a great year or they'll get injuries and win 8 games.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
15th ranked defense but they also got worse on offense. Not buying it yet. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
13 wins is outrageously optimistic, but I could easily see the Bears challenging for a playoff spot.

Forte is a fucking legend, but at this stage in his career, replacing him with Langford isn't that much of a downgrade.  Langford had a pretty rough rookie year, but he did show flashes.  Add Kevin White to the mix, plus the upgrade at left tackle, I don't think the offense ends up much different from last year.  Not great, but good enough to give them a fighting chance provided the defense performs up to expectations.  I really like the looks of that defense on paper.  The safety situation is a bit scary, but very good otherwise.

JohnnieDrama34

Reaction score
John fox + Vic fangio = one of the 3 best defensive coaching tandems in the league.

Jay cutler FINALLY has a real coaching staff and his play last year showed that, despite Kevin white missing the whole year and alshon missing half of it.

And oh yeah....packers are sooooo good !!! Which is why they let cutty eat the turkey leg @ lambeau in front of Favre and Starr ??

GET REAL PLEASE

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'll sig and avatar bet you that the Bears don't even advance past the divisional round.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
This defense is solid, but no superstar defender to put them over the top. Their offense is still average at best

They are closer to being the 4th best team in their division than the best -- although I'd pencil them in at 3rd

I just don't see the Bears being in the same tier as Green Bay, Minnesota, Arizona, Seattle, Atlanta, Dallas, Carolina, Washington

6 of those teams will be the playoff teams (maybe the Eagles or Giants too because that division is a crap shoot).

I just can't see them beating out MIN and SEA for wild card spots

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I think they will be vastly improved, but are they better than either Minnesota or Green Bay? Lolno on Minnesota, but they could catch Green Bay.

It all comes down to Langford's health. He goes down, they go down.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Green Bay is better than the Vikings....
No they aren't. Minnesota won the division last season despite their top 3 defenders (Barr, Linval, Harrison) missing a lot of games. Green Bay loses Raji.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson is a top 10 receiver in the league and didn't play a single game!

I guarantee the Green Bay looks more like the 2014 #1 ranked offense than the 2015 #15 offense

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After all this time, we have finally figured out what has been Jay Cutler's biggest downfall...coaching.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Jordy Nelson is a top 10 receiver in the league and didn't play a single game!

I guarantee the Green Bay looks more like the 2014 #1 ranked offense than the 2015 #15 offense
Their offense will be better but so will Zimmer's defense. You also factor in that Minnesota added some road graters to the offensive line and you better believe they'll shorten games with long, meticulous drives. Green Bay also cast aside James Jones once again despite Rodgers' chemistry with him, particularly in the red zone. Green Bay has a huge hole at TE and their front 7 is aging on defense. Their offense has to be great this year or they'll fall behind Minnesota and Chicago.

Anthony Barr will be a Pro Bowl lock this season. Guaranteed. His impact on each and every game is immeasurable because of all the little things he does. He is slowly becoming one of the best all around LBs in the game. There is nothing this guy can't do. He's a great tackler with elite speed. He is very powerful despite his lean frame. He can cover. All there's left to do for Anthony Barr is stay healthy through 17 weeks.

I actually really like the Bears roster, but two positions worry me on the offensive side--RB and TE. If they can't get production at those positions they'll be looking at 8-8 or worse. If Langford and the TE position produce, the sky is the limit.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
This is ridiculous how much you are sleeping on Green Bay.

Cobb is a slot receiver who was forced outside due to the loss of Jordy. He'll dominate the slot again this year. Davante will do much better this year as well with less pressure against CB3s, and a hole at TE? The combo of RichRod and Jared Cook will be more than fine enough for the 2nd best QB in the league

I'm not doubting Anthony Barr either, dude. He might not make the probowl due to being a WLB which doesn't get enough respect, but he's talented enough to get in for sure. I don't see the Vikings defense getting much better than it is, but it's hardly saying much since I'd say they are in the Top 7 overall defenses without a doubt.

My main reason I don't like Minnesota is because I still think Bridgewater is the 4th best QB in the division by a lot. He's a great short acc guy, but his deep ball is not that good. Maybe Treadwell can bail him out on deep passes

Minny has a good defense but not good enough to shut down Green Bay. Don't sleep on the Packers -- their team was beat up on the OL and lost their best player outside QB for the whole year. The Packers are still a top team in the league

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
This is ridiculous how much you are sleeping on Green Bay.

Cobb is a slot receiver who was forced outside due to the loss of Jordy. He'll dominate the slot again this year. Davante will do much better this year as well with less pressure against CB3s, and a hole at TE? The combo of RichRod and Jared Cook will be more than fine enough for the 2nd best QB in the league

I'm not doubting Anthony Barr either, dude. He might not make the probowl due to being a WLB which doesn't get enough respect, but he's talented enough to get in for sure. I don't see the Vikings defense getting much better than it is, but it's hardly saying much since I'd say they are in the Top 7 overall defenses without a doubt.

My main reason I don't like Minnesota is because I still think Bridgewater is the 4th best QB in the division by a lot. He's a great short acc guy, but his deep ball is not that good. Maybe Treadwell can bail him out on deep passes

Minny has a good defense but not good enough to shut down Green Bay. Don't sleep on the Packers -- their team was beat up on the OL and lost their best player outside QB for the whole year. The Packers are still a top team in the league
You're underestimating how well constructed Minnesota's defense is in regard to the Packers. For every weapon Green Bay has, Minnesota has the guy or group of guys needed to slow them down. Jordy is great but Xavier Rhodes has the size and technique necessary to at least keep Jordy from going off. DaVante Adams is not going to do much against either Waynes or Newman. Cobb has to deal with Munnerlyn. Cook and Richard Rodgers? Meet Barr, Kendricks, and HSmith.

The Vikings need to improve against Lacy but that's very doable with their front 7.

Minnesota is specifically constructed to give Green Bay trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%