Angels may pursue Pujols or Fielder

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim finished 10 games behind the Texas Rangers in the race for the American League West. Now the team has a new GM in Jerry Dipoto and is aiming to retool this winter.

Dipoto made it clear to ESPN Wednesday that his team is ready to shell out some bucks on big names. "Don't assume that we have no interest in (Prince) Fielder or (Albert) Pujols," Dipoto told the site. "We don't want to lock the door. We are a high-revenue team and I'm a big believer in acquiring impact players. However, they are not our greatest need and are not priority number one on our list." Dipoto's first priority, he said, is to make his bullpen stronger.

A subject Dipoto also wanted to clear up is the role that manager Mike Scioscia plays in the decision-making process when it comes to players. Rumor has had it that Scioscia has the final say on who is on or off the team, but Dipoto told ESPN that the chain of command is clear within the organization: "Scioscia's input, strong opinions and feedback will be weighed significantly," Dipoto told ESPN. "Mike Scioscia has made it clear to me that he understands his role as manager and mine as the senior VP and GM."

Source: ESPN Los Angeles

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ok the last part of the article

the angels are going crazy and denying sciocia's input in the team every chance they get. it's hilarious
they are going out of there way the past few weeks about it.

"HE'S NOT IN CHARGE HE NEVER WAS"

lol

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Move Morales to DH. Problem solved

And theres no way you let Mark Trumbo keep you from trying to sign Pujols or Fielder. If ya have to, teach him howto play 3B and bench Izturis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%