Andruw Jones, John Schuerholz Elected to Braves HOF

Panic!

Reaction score
Former Atlanta Braves center fielder Andruw Jones and team president John Schuerholz will be inducted into the team's Hall of Fame on Aug. 19, according to David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"Now that I got the induction, I can officially say that I am retired," Jones said, per Kevin McAlpin of 680 The Fan. " will try to focus on helping the youth."

Jones, 38, spent 12 years with the Braves, hitting .263 with 368 home runs and 1,117 RBI. He spent 17 years in the big leagues in total—including stints with the New York Yankees, Texas Rangers, Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox—finishing his career with a .254 batting average, 434 home runs and 1,289 RBI.

Schuerholz, meanwhile, was the team's general manager during its 14 consecutive NL East titles in the '90s and 2000s. He became the team's president in 2007 and has now been in baseball for 51 years and with the Braves for 26 years.

SOURCE: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...erholz-elected-to-atlanta-braves-hall-of-fame

Andruw Jones was a great player.

His defense was spectacular (10 Gold Gloves)

And his power was very evident.

He deserves to be in the Braves HOF.

But does he deserve to be in the Baseball HOF?

Discuss.

catman

Reaction score
I'm not one who lives and dies by WAR, but in Jones' case, it is pretty apparent that he is not as hall of fame player. From 1998 to 2006, his WAR was 54.6, averaging just over 6 wins per year over that period. His peak was rather short. He had 5 all star appearances and five 6+ win seasons. That's not enough for me. Hall of very good, yes. Hall of Fame, not for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%