Andre Dawson Sole 2010 Inductee into Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Andre Dawson was elected to the Hall of Fame, while Bert Blyleven and Roberto Alomar fell just short of earning baseball's highest honor.

Dawson received 420 of 539 votes in voting announced Wednesday by the Baseball Writers' Association of America, 15 more than the 75 percent necessary to gain election.

The eight-time All-Star, appearing on the ballot for the ninth time, had fallen 44 votes short last year.

Blyleven had 400 votes, up from 338 last year, and likely will get in, what with two more tries on the BBWAA ballot.

Alomar received 397 votes in his first appearance, and was followed by Jack Morris with 282.

Freaking RIDICULOUS -- Alomar deserves to be inducted, especially if Dawson got in

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, I don't know why Robbie wasn't first ballot.. He spit in an umps face but he always apologizes for it and reached out to that ump.

Blyleven should be in too..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^the ump forgave him too

i hate this HOF voting

5 people had no one on the ballot
some of them make players wait longer because they dont think they are "1st ballot worthy". they know they are voting for Alomar, but they are going to wait til next year. lame.

these guys' egos are too large.
seeing guys like Cal Ripken or Greg Maddux coming up for example not receiving 100% votes is really an outrage imo

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah - next year is a good crop of players

and, I hate to say this, but McGwire and Rose should be in there, too

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eric Karros too :p

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just one of the many things wrong with baseball. Bunch of traditionalist assholes run the game. They need some new blood.....starting with a new commish.

I mean 5 people didn't put anyone on the ballot? IMO those people need their voting privileges taken away.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
In Baseball being a 1st ballot HOF´er is a great honor, a privelege that is only given to those who transcended the game, Alomar was a great player and deserves to be in the HOF and next year he will be in it.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In Baseball being a 1st ballot HOF´er is a great honor, a privelege that is only given to those who transcended the game, Alomar was a great player and deserves to be in the HOF and next year he will be in it.
How much more did Kirby Puckett transcend the game than Alomar?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I wouldnt know cuz I wouldnt have voted for him as a 1st ballot either.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's the point I'm making, your definition of first ballot HOF is obviously different than the beat writers....as such, Alomar should have been in

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Alomar will be in next year so Im not worried about him. My complaint lies with Gil Hodges not in the HOF. Only Duke Snider had more HR´s and RBI´s in the 1950s. He was also a great defensive 1st baseman with 3 GGs. You might say Im a homer cuz Im a mets fan and he managed us to our 1st World Series, but look at his numbers and you will see he deserves to be in.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol Robbie was a clear First Ballot HOF and its a travesty he didn't make it the first time. All of the voters bring in their personal bias which is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%