And the AL Wild Card winner is...

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Going into game 162 of the season, the Red Sox and Rays are tied atop the AL Wild Card. Nobody would have predicted this to happen at the start of the offseason, as many people picked the Red Sox to be in the World Series against the Phillies. Both the Red Sox and the Rays are sending their best pitchers on the mound today, David Price for the Rays and Jon Lester for the Red Sox. The Red Sox against the Orioles and the Rays against the Yankees. Difference is, the Rays will not be facing anyone on the mound who is even worthy of making the playoff roster for the Yankees, when the Red Sox play a team that would love to play spoiler.

So how do you think this will play out? Will the Rays complete the huge comeback they have mounted in the month of September? Or will the Red Sox regain themselves and limp into the playoffs? Or will we be seeing a 163rd game between these two teams.

In my opinion I feel the Rays are going to pull this off. They're playing a team that isn't really trying all that much today, and if they had it their way the Red Sox wouldn't be in the playoffs anyway. Baseballs a funny game though and anything can happen.

What about you guys?

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the Rays will making the playoffs and the Red Sox won't. I hope it happens tonight. But if it doesnt happen tonight that win or go home game is gonna be intense lol

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It really sucks

I feel we will both win, but the problem is when who goes to pitch the tiebreaker

The starter is either Wakefield or Lackey for us, unless we start Beckett on 3 days rest

It's gonna be tough for us

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the game goes to a playoff. I don't see Boston losing the most important game of the season, and the Rays won't lose to a Yankees team who could give a shit less if they lost lol.

As for the playoff game, I think I'd give Boston the edge. Too much talent for them not to make the playoffs in my opinion.
But this is before finding out who pitches for both sides. If Boston has to throw a mediocre pitcher, might give the edge to the Rays.

Either way, hell of a finish to this season.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think the AL Wild Card winner will beat the Yankees. Thats what I think is going to happen.

I see both the Red Sox and Rays winning, its gonna go 163 with the Rays winning that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%