Amare Says 'Title Or Bust'

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Amar’e Stoudemire stressed his desire to set a championship standard with the Knicks.

“They take the game very serious, and also they believe that anything less than a championship is a wasted season,” Stoudemire while complimenting the Miami Heat for their approach to last season. “We have to take that same mentality going into next year ... anything less than a championship is a wasted season.”

Stoudemire insists he can thrive with Carmelo Anthony.

“Well, first of all, we have to have a full season together, and a full training camp,” he said. “That’s the first part is having that full training camp, so Coach Woodson can implement his full strategy on both ends of the court, and we can continue to practice together and work as a unit, and then we can go from there.”

Via Tim Bontemps/New York Post

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
All this talk is bullshit, they need to show it on the court and thats all I care about.

VC15

Reaction score
I could see a top-three seed from them, if Melo and Amare can actually mesh.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
saying title or bust is something every team should believe. i have never been against that. amare and melo really need to put in the work to be a productive superstar tandem they should be, though.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
this right here, however... on the flip side, if they can't mesh... another bottom-three seed from them and another first round exit... if we even make the playoffs without them meshing.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with him saying that, because if you don't believe you can win the title, you shouldn't be playing.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
LOL you people serious about hating on my post? The Knicks will not win an NBA title any time soon.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're hating on you, not the post.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knicks won't win shit if they can't leave the egos off the court.

Show it on the court instead of saying it

But at least the dude is trying to win.

I take it that means no more fighting fire extinguishers...and losing

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I understand that you want your players to think this way, but if he's just blowing smoke up everybody's ass (because we all know that he knows this shit ain't going to happen), why even make a comment about it?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because usually when the media is around they tend to ask questions.

They then take the answers, and turn them into articles, like this, to give people something to talk about...

And thats how the media works Bware

TheRagingWolf

Reaction score
I agree with this 100%. The Knicks certainly have the talent to finish 2nd or 3rd in the East. The question though is if the Knicks can finally mesh offensively. We will find out sooner than later. I hope they can. I don't want to go to the Garden this season and watch another loser basketball team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%