AL/NL Cy Young Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't get why most people aren't giving Greinke the benefit of the doubt. Sure, it's going to be hard to match what he did last season but people forget that, pre-head case days, he was a very good young pitcher before too. IDK about him repeating but I wouldn't write him off just yet.
you're right, this stuff happens though. we need more than 1 great season. because as of now, he's a one hit wonder.

i think everyone thought the same about Cliff Lee, but he showed that 2008 was no fluke

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
How ironic is that coming from a Cardinal fan. Pujols juices, Horribleday can't field, Carpenter overachieved but I'll admit your stadium is a solid redeeming quality.

EDIT: ASG doesn't lie.
Oh trust me, I, Along with every other baseball fan in St. Louis, hate how tony is Mr. Steroid himself. Every player hes ever had that was good has juiced, with a couple exclusives. hes a HORRIBLE manager, the only reason hes ever one anything is because he had a great team plopped into his lap. And carp definitely did not overachieve. you are dumb.

lmao Carp overachieved
dude's been an ace since he got to St. Louis, even won a CY in 2005

and lol about the ASG.
it's an exhibition, who cares.
since 2000, the WS winner has come from the AL 6 times and the NL 4. sure the AL has the lead, but it's not quite overwhelming. Yes the AL has been better for a while, but things are finally starting to change. take a look around. IMO the NL is more talented right now
CARP IS GOD.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i love how LaRussa uses like 10 pitchers to throw 10 pitches

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
How ironic is that coming from a Cardinal fan. Pujols juices, Horribleday can't field, Carpenter overachieved but I'll admit your stadium is a solid redeeming quality.

EDIT: ASG doesn't lie.
Dont be jealous because you cant root for a Yankee who doesnt juice, cmon on now......

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
holliday, ludwick............................
Did you seriously just say that Ludwick should be in the same group as Kemp, Upton, and Braun? Holliday isn't even in the same conversation as those guys, but could very well be an all-star, so I left that one alone.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did you seriously just say that Ludwick should be in the same group as Kemp, Upton, and Braun? Holliday isn't even in the same conversation as those guys, but could very well be an all-star, so I left that one alone.
Holliday isn't in the same convo as Kemp, Upton, and Braun? lol, wanna pass me whatever it is you're smoking?

Holliday: .313 BA|.394 OPB|.515 SLG|39 2B|3 3B|24 HR|109 RBI|72 BB|101 K

Kemp: .297 BA|.352 OPB|.490 SLG|25 2B|7 3B|26 HR|101 RBI|52 BB|139 K

Upton: .300 BA|.366 OPB|.532 SLG|30 2B|7 3B|26 HR|86 RBI|55 BB|137 K

Braun: .320 BA|.386 OPB|.551 SLG|39 2B|6 3B|32 HR|114 RBI|57 BB|121 K

Bolded the leader in each category just in case it wasn't clear enough. I see Kemp and Upton only up there twice and it's, quite frankly, for a stat that is more significant for personal stats rather than team offensive production. I also see that, in the categories he doesn't lead, he's not incredibly far behind.

On top of that, Holliday also spent the majority of the season in the AL on a poor Oakland team that provided NO offensive protection and an incredibly pitcher-friendly park. He's now in the fairly easy (at the very least easier) NL Central, in a regular park, in a lineup with some offensive protection.

You should probably just stick to posting about the Yankees..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Braun > Holliday
and if they fix the voting to LF-CF-RF, then Braun/Kemp/Upton is fine.

what do they do if say Ibanez, Holliday, Manny are voted in as outfielders?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
They all have more or similar power than Holliday All have more speed and are much better defensive OFs. Holliday is a good player, don't get me wrong, but he is overrated due to his numbers in Colorado

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats really overstated IMO

Colorado helped him, but he's a great hitter anyways

i guess we'll never see how he truly is because with a full season hitting behind Pujols, he'll be putting up some numbers

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
holliday isnt jsut a hitter.

i dont think im gonna talk baseball here anymore, half the people dont know <Censored> about it.

VC15

Reaction score
Coming from the person who thinks that Ryan Ludwick is as good as Kemp, Braun, and Upton...

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
holliday isnt jsut a hitter.

i dont think im gonna talk baseball here anymore, half the people dont know <Censored> about it.
It's pretty clear that you shouldn't. You think that Holliday is a good defender. You also think that someone should have named Ryan Ludwick with Braun, Kemp, and Upton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%