Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If ainge can pull kd, man i wouldnt ,mind eating crow
That would be amazing

But until then hes a fuck up

Foreman

Detroit Vs. Everybody
Reaction score
Have seen reports that Celtics are the biggest favorites for kd at the moment but don't know how reliable the source is. Verified on Twitter though

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
We're definitely the favorites right now if he doesn't choose to re-sign

I would seriously be shocked if he wasn't a Celtic or a Thunder by Monday

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Horford makes us a strong chance to be the 2 seed, and if we get KD I think should put us equal if not ahead of Cleveland
Still would not be close to Cleveland at all

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I think a healthy Toronto is still better than Boston, and a revamped Indiana might be, too. Boston has a clear coaching advantage but that's about it.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I think Boston could lock up the 1 seed. They wouldn't beat the Cabs in a 7 game series, though.

Paulius

Reaction score
Idk about the first seed, but 3-5 for sure

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
#2 SG of all time #24 said:
Idk about the first seed, but 3-5 for sure

You're saying the stay the same or get worse with KD and Al? Cool.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
other than just sheer arrogance, why? You really think that Irving-JR-Lebron-Love-Thompson is that much better than Thomas-Bradley-Durant-Crowder-Horford? Those two teams would be very evenly matched, especially factoring in Brad Stevens in the equation. It's one thing to say Boston is easy to beat because all you need to do is stop Isaiah Thomas, which was the way to beat us last year. Now, Isaiah is the 3rd option w/KD -- a whole new ballgame

I'm not saying we're on your level just yet. But if we add Durant -- the 2nd best scorer in the league -- then we absolutely are

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
other than just sheer arrogance, why? You really think that Irving-JR-Lebron-Love-Thompson is that much better than Thomas-Bradley-Durant-Crowder-Horford? Those two teams would be very evenly matched, especially factoring in Brad Stevens in the equation. It's one thing to say Boston is easy to beat because all you need to do is stop Isaiah Thomas, which was the way to beat us last year. Now, Isaiah is the 3rd option w/KD -- a whole new ballgame

I'm not saying we're on your level just yet. But if we add Durant -- the 2nd best scorer in the league -- then we absolutely are
Cavs still win that series in 6. Definitely a top level competition for them out of the east, but I don't see them being better.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd definitely have them lock up the 1 seed. I don't think LeBron will play as many games as he did last season and he doesn't care that much about #1.

A series would be interesting. I'd never count out Playoff LeBron but I'm not saying the Cavs would be taking it easily.

Swelly34

Xaphoon
Reaction score
As a fellow Celtics fan, my expectations are a little tempered. Durant most likely isn't signing here because he was one game away from making the finals last year and has (in my opinion) another top 5 player in the league in Russ already on his team in OKC. Not to mention the fact that the Thunder just added Dipo and Sabonis which arguably makes them better.

So, assuming Durant doesn't sign, we're a 3-4 seed in the East. Top 2 should, once again, be the Cavs and the Raptors. 3 and 4 should be between us and the Pacers by a few games, I imagine. What the Horford signing really does is sets us up with two players to bring to meeting during next years stacked free agent class which will probably feature Durant again with a heightened chance of leaving if he doesn't win a ship in OKC.

However, the argument that Boston would be "not close to Cleveland at all" WITH Durant is complete nonsense.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if KD chose the Heat or Clippers either. Clippers would be tough to make work financially, but the Heat make just as much sense if not more than the Celtics, not to mention it's South Beach and the tax breaks are significant.

It's too early to say where the Celtics would stand if they land KD. The Cavs still haven't done anything and I still expect them to move Love, so can't really compare the teams quite yet.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
I wouldn't be shocked if KD chose the Heat or Clippers either. Clippers would be tough to make work financially, but the Heat make just as much sense if not more than the Celtics, not to mention it's South Beach and the tax breaks are significant.

It's too early to say where the Celtics would stand if they land KD. The Cavs still haven't done anything and I still expect them to move Love, so can't really compare the teams quite yet.
Heat are very unlikely.

A. Bosh's future is unclear. Huge deal breaker.
B. Wade likely doesn't want him there because there isn't enough money for the both of them. A recruiting Wade was always a big plus for Miami in years past, but it's not happening this year.

There is one way it happens. Durant buys into Bosh's health and Riley can convince him that he can trade Goran to make space for both Wade and Durant.

If Riley can pull it off tho ..

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LeBron destroys Durant literally any time they play, and this Celtics team with Durant would be worse than the Thunder.

Cabs in 3

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I mean they haven't played a series in 4 years ..

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yea this makes then, with KD, at best the 2 seed - but the Cavs would still destroy them.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There's no way that is a best case scenario for that team.  With KD, they finish no lower than a 2 seed.  

Hell, the Cabs are a Lebron ACL away from not even making the playoffs.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His legs are custom-made titanium alloy. What they use on the space shuttle. Magic legs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%