Who wins the AL Central?

• Chicago White Sox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kansas City Royals

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
How will the AL Central end up this year?

Share your predictions here!

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1. Cleveland Indians
2. Kansas City Royals
3. Detroit Tigers
4. Minnesota Twins
5. Chicago White Sox

Toughest division to predict in all of baseball. I like Cleveland to have a run very similar to the 2013 Red Sox. The right mix of vets and young guys comes together for something we will call a "magical" season. The Tribe rotation will emerge as the best in baseball while the additions of Napoli and Davis already look great this Spring.

Kansas City takes a step back but if they're willing to pull off some deadline deals for pitching, I'd put them over. Detroit is just aging. There's a reason Dombrowski left. The Tigers will remain in the Wild Card hunt on the bats of JD and Miggy but I'm not optimistic on Zimmerman and K-Rod moving to the AL.

Minnesota overachieved last season but they won't again, not as long as Ervin is their #1 guy. I'm not sure the White Sox are sure what they are doing. Clubhouse lost and they haven't played game 1 yet.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
1. Royals
2. Tigers
3. Indians
4. Twins
5. White Sox

Every team finishes above .500, very hard to place teams because I see lots of different outcomes happening.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Stray32

Reaction score
Pharoah said:
1. Cleveland Indians
2. Kansas City Royals
3. Detroit Tigers
4. Minnesota Twins
5. Chicago White Sox

Toughest division to predict in all of baseball. I like Cleveland to have a run very similar to the 2013 Red Sox. The right mix of vets and young guys comes together for something we will call a "magical" season. The Tribe rotation will emerge as the best in baseball while the additions of Napoli and Davis already look great this Spring.

Kansas City takes a step back but if they're willing to pull off some deadline deals for pitching, I'd put them over. Detroit is just aging. There's a reason Dombrowski left. The Tigers will remain in the Wild Card hunt on the bats of JD and Miggy but I'm not optimistic on Zimmerman and K-Rod moving to the AL.

Minnesota overachieved last season but they won't again, not as long as Ervin is their #1 guy. I'm not sure the White Sox are sure what they are doing. Clubhouse lost and they haven't played game 1 yet.
Dombrowski got fired, because his bargain bin bullpen strategy didn't work for one single year ever. Don't get me wrong he was an amazing GM every other way, and first move with the Red Sox was getting a closer so he learned his lesson there, and I don't agree with firing him (he was a trade genius among other things), but there was a reason for it.

Anyway the Indians look great every year, they've been hyped the past three years and disappointed every year. Not giving them the benefit of the doubt until I see it... and same for the Royals in reverse, don't look as good but people (not me) said the same last year and then they won it all so assuming they'll win the Central until they show me otherwise.

1. Royals
2. Tigers
3. White Sox
4. Indians
5. Twins

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stray32 said:
Dombrowski got fired, because his bargain bin bullpen strategy didn't work for one single year ever. Don't get me wrong he was an amazing GM every other way, and first move with the Red Sox was getting a closer so he learned his lesson there, and I don't agree with firing him (he was a trade genius among other things), but there was a reason for it.

Anyway the Indians look great every year, they've been hyped the past three years and disappointed every year. Not giving them the benefit of the doubt until I see it... and same for the Royals in reverse, don't look as good but people (not me) said the same last year and then they won it all so assuming they'll win the Central until they show me otherwise.

1. Royals
2. Tigers
3. White Sox
4. Indians
5. Twins
Dombrowski's exit from Detroit was mutual. He was in the last year of his contract and expressed no interest in negotiating. The feeling was mutual.

catman

Reaction score
I meant to vote for the Royals in the poll. Oops.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
This one is tough.

1. Royals
2. Tigers
3. Twins
4. Indians
5. White Sox

Ian

Commissioner
Reaction score
1. Royals
2. Tigers
3. Twins
4. Indians
5. White Sox

This will be the most interesting division by far, as even the White Sox could win it. As a Mets fan, I see how the Royals win without any star pitching; they just don't strike out. I believe this will lead them to another division title. The Tigers have too many good players to fail again, as well as an addition of Jordan Zimmerman. With the Twins, I like how they play with depth and above-average players all around, but if they made a big deal for someone in the offseason, I would have ranked them higher. As for the Indians, they will be the best 4th place team by far. I love their rotation, but they have not made many changes this offseason so I have no idea what to expect. As for the White Sox, I don't see them winning like they want to. With no true great minor leaguers, I don't see them breaking the trend of teams like the Marlins, Padres and Red Sox where they turn it around in a single season due to insane offseason moves.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
This is a bit tough. Have to go with the Royals though

Royals
Indians
Tigers
White Sox
Twins

I hope the Twins can continue with their success from last year, but that's doubtful. Hopefully Buxton can begin to breakout this year, and Meyer can make an immediate impact. I'm not buying all the White Sox hype from the local media, Tigers got better. If Verlander can have an elite year they could win the division.

FearLessBeast

Reaction score
Kansas City Royals - 90 Wins
Cleveland Indians - 87 Wins
Detriot Pistons - 76 Wins
Minnesota Twins - 70 Wins
Chicago White Sox - 64 Wins

catman

Reaction score
FearLessBeast said:
Kansas City Royals - 90 Wins
Cleveland Indians - 87 Wins
Detriot Pistons - 76 Wins
Minnesota Twins - 70 Wins
Chicago White Sox - 64 Wins
Playing 5 on 9, I don't think the Pistons will do very well in the AL Central.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
1. Kansas City Royals
2. Detroit Tigers
3. Chicago White Sox
4. Cleveland Indians
5. Minnesota Twins

Tough division to predict because I can see the #1-3 spots going in any direction. I think the Twins are a year or two off before they really take off.

GMO

Reaction score
Royals
Twins
Tigers
White Sox
Indians

Royals to me are literally the same team that made it to the deadline. Love the Kennedy signing with large outfield + great defense. Love the Twins but think they're a year or two off (then again I thought that about the Cubs/Astros last season...)

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I completely overlooked the White Sox. They look really, really good and I think they're poised to win, even over the Royals. I misjudged this division horribly. I'm thinking:

White Sox
Royals
Tigers
Indians
Twins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%