• Matt Harvey (New York Mets)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Comment Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RunSoHard

Reaction score
All Day Fantasy Sports MLB SP List
#1 - Clayton Kershaw (Los Angeles Dodgers)
#2 - Zack Greinke (Arizona Diamondbacks)
#3 - Max Scherzer (Washington Nationals)
#4 - Felix Hernandez (Seattle Mariners)
#5 - Madison Bumgarner (San Francisco Giants)

Who is the second best starting pitcher in the MLB?

- Jake Arrieta (Chicago Cubs)
- Dallas Keuchel (Houston Astros)
- Chris Sale (Chicago White Sox)
- Corey Kluber (Cleveland Indians)
- Jacob DeGrom (New York Mets)
- David Price (Boston Red Sox)
- Carlos Carrasco (Cleveland Indians)
- Gerrit Cole (Pittsburgh Pirates)
- Matt Harvey (New York Mets)
- Other (Comment Below)

Who should be added to the list for when the second player is selected? Should anyone be removed & replaced with some below as well?

- Sonny Gray (Oakland Athletics)
- Cole Hamels (Texas Rangers)
- Chris Archer (Tampa Bay Rays)
- Noah Syndergaard (New York Mets)
- Johnny Cueto (Kansas City Royals)
- Jon Lester (Chicago Cubs)
- Other (Comment Below)

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Scherzer and Greinke being so high are complete jokes

Stray32

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
False, Scherzer is right where he should be, imo he's better than Greinke too.

Gonna go Arrieta for this one

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Jesus...did anybody watch baseball before this past season!?

Stray32

Reaction score
Flint said:
Jesus...did anybody watch baseball before this past season!?
I almost went David Price instead of Arrieta, but you can't just ignore how dominant he was and I don't think #6 is too high for that. I do think Greinke is too high but the others that have been on this list so far have been great for years (and Greinke has been great just not like he was last season)

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
Not nearly as much as Mad Bum being top 5

Scherzer and Greinke are definitely top 5 guys

JUMPER said:
Can this guy be banned from voting?

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Stray32 said:
I almost went David Price instead of Arrieta, but you can't just ignore how dominant he was and I don't think #6 is too high for that. I do think Greinke is too high but the others that have been on this list so far have been great for years (and Greinke has been great just not like he was last season)
Thing is, Arrieta wasn't very good the first 4 years of his career. David Price has been pretty dominant since day 1 and its not like he's over the hill either.

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Scherzer and Greinke are not even close to being the 2nd and 3rd best pitchers in all of baseball.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
Scherzer and Greinke are not even close to being the 2nd and 3rd best pitchers in all of baseball.
Felix deserves to be Top 3 but I don't think Scherzer and Greinke are far off. Scherzer has been gold since 2012 and Greinke has posted 10 years of dominant pitching. If anything is working against Greinke, its age, but the guy just posted perhaps his best season of his career in 2015. 19 wins, 1.66 ERA, 225 ERA+....how the hell did he NOT win the Cy Young!? Oh yea...everyone suddenly drinking Cubby Kool-Aid.

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Flint said:
Felix deserves to be Top 3 but I don't think Scherzer and Greinke are far off. Scherzer has been gold since 2012 and Greinke has posted 10 years of dominant pitching. If anything is working against Greinke, its age, but the guy just posted perhaps his best season of his career in 2015. 19 wins, 1.66 ERA, 225 ERA+....how the hell did he NOT win the Cy Young!? Oh yea...everyone suddenly drinking Cubby Kool-Aid.
I still wouldn't put Greinke at number 2 and Scherzer at 3. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that either pitcher is trash, but there are better pitchers than them in all of baseball. Price was a good example - been dominant since day 1 in the league. And if these rankings aren't based on overall career and just current --> moving forward, the young guns deserve some consideration. When I think of these two guys I think of dominant pitching, however I don't think "Man, these are two of the top 3 pitchers in ALL OF BASEBALL..."

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
I would take for sure take Scherzer over Price. I mean they were both in the same rotation at one point and the Tigers slotted Price at #2. Greinke you can argue do to age, but he got more AAV than Price on the market because he a slightly better SP than Price. Then taking the whole playoff issues into consideration brings things to a whole new light.

Chris Sale not being top 5 is criminal. Should probably be Kershaw, Scherzer, Felix, Arrieta, Sale, Greinke if we are going off 2015-2017 or so.

Flint said:
Arrieta having the best 4 month span in baseball history had a little bit to do with that

cavsfan817

Reaction score
Sale was the guy that I had in mind as well that should be a lot higher.

Stray32

Reaction score
Yeah I don't understand what more Scherzer has to do. He's been this elite for years now, non-stop, he has nothing left to prove and he is absolutely one of the best in baseball, easily. Thinking the divide between he and the Tigers started when not-himself 2014 JV was given opening day over Scherzer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%