A’s Will Listen On Anyone But Weeks

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Athletics are willing to listen to trade offers for any player except Jemile Weeks, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. The A’s aren’t sure where they’ll be playing in a few years, so their spending decisions appear to be on hold as they await word from MLB on a potential relocation to San Jose.

Though Oakland GM Billy Beane isn’t shopping his players, he’ll listen to proposals for Gio Gonzalez, Trevor Cahill, Kurt Suzuki and others. The A’s have more starting pitching than most teams and they may leverage their depth in trade talks.

If the A’s move to nearby San Jose, they would look to contend as their new park opened, likely in approximately three years, according to Rosenthal. However, if the A’s remain in Oakland, the team may strip down its payroll. I explained last month that the A's will be looking to restore outfield depth and improve their offense.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Weeks is their untouchable player? Weird

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's their best young player in the MLB

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Jemile Weeks isn't worthy of being untouchable, but he had a great season and has a lot of upside. Dude hit .303 and had a .341 OBP with 8 triples and 22 SBs as a rookie. Those are pretty damn good numbers and he's only 24.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I thought I guy like Cahill would be their untouchable. He's just like his brother though. He's not very good defensively.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
yeah, I thought Cahill or even Gio Gonzalez would be the untouchables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%