Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
And also how can you take Jrue over Bledsoe? EB is the better shooter, better defender, at least equal passer

I know you'll make a big whole point re: Isaiah's defense compared to Jrue's, and use some weird PPPP stat or something, but that stat would most likely say Bledsoe is better than Holiday
I wouldn't agree with any of that really. For example, Bledsoe has been a 37.4% jump shooter the past two seasons, Jrue a 39.5% jump shooter in the same time span. I would say Bledsoe is better at converting in the lane. I think they are both fantastic defenders, but Jrue's ability to defend multiple positions full time is a plus that you can only rely on Bledsoe depending on the matchup. I think they're both underrated passers.

We have this conversation every year, there are tons of things that PG's do that you can't put into stats. I think Jrue controls the flow and pace of the game better, I think he directs an offense better. Bledsoe has one speed, and that's a negative in a PG. Touched on it earlier but I think his ability to play multiple positions and play them well on both ends is a plus that isn't talked about enough. You take a guy like Jrue, he significantly impacts the play of his teammates, they all play better when he is on the court, and not just a little, they all play significantly better. You can't say that about Bledsoe, there were some guys who have performed better with him on the court, like Brandon Knight, but not significantly better. There were also quite a few guys who played better with him off the court.

I'd take Jrue and Bledsoe over those guys y'all discussed earlier, btw. Especially Kemba and Teague. Teague does nothing for me, and even bringing up Kemba is insulting. We are talking about a scoring PG who has been inefficient his entire career, gives you nothing defensively, and has seen his assist percentage drop every season he's been in the NBA. I get the guy is exciting to watch and can have those highlight reel nights, but let's be real, he shouldn't even be in the discussion.

#2 SG of all time #24 said:
Lol wow is this a jail or what? Cant put lol at your ridiculous statement? Why so sensitive on this damn forum
Because we are grown ups on this site, not children. We strive for quality over quantity. If you don't like it you're more than welcome or leave, there are plenty forums out there with people of your maturity level (or should I say immaturity) that you would enjoy more.

Paulius

Reaction score
Lets be real, you not mentioning IT at all in that essay is just disrespectful

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Bruh u know you understood exactly what i meant by lol without me saying "come on nola, no way jrue is top 10"

Im not just putting lol for random posts or conversations. That was a ridiculous statement that made me lol so im sorry for writing what i feel
actually you have done this repeatedly since you joined the site. And you've been warned to stop many times by many different mods

Post content that actually contributes towards conversation. Seriously dude. I don't have a problem with you posting stupid fucking shit like you have if it is relevant to the conversation. But shit like this isn't -- so do so

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nola values defense over offense (and too extremely in my opinion)

I'm a Celtics fan and I know why Nola didn't mention Isaiah. He goes by defense first, then passing, then scoring -- and by those metrics Isaiah is not Top 10. I personally disagree with that but that's him

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't mention Thomas because unlike Teague and Walker I think he should be in the discussion. Not saying I'd put him in the top 10, maybe I would, but he's much closer if he isn't already there.

I just don't think Jrue is getting the recognition he should, and rightfully so. But you look at what he did once he came off the minute restriction, he's absolutely in the discussion. 19 pts, 3 rbs, 7 asts, 2 steals, 44% from the field, and we all know what he does defensively. And he did that in just 30 minutes.

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
actually you have done this repeatedly since you joined the site. And you've been warned to stop many times by many different mods

Post content that actually contributes towards conversation. Seriously dude. I don't have a problem with you posting stupid fucking shit like you have if it is relevant to the conversation. But shit like this isn't -- so do so
Nah ive been told to stop insulting. Am not insulting anyone. Sorry for laughing at a ridiculous statement man, wont laugh again.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah ive been told to stop insulting. Am not insulting anyone. Sorry for laughing at a ridiculous statement man, wont laugh again.
I'm not going to go into what we discuss privately but I and everyone on staff knows that's not true.

Paulius

Reaction score
Alright man whatever, dont care enough to keep talking about this. Sorry for laughing at you

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nola insults people indirectly in his responses frequently, it's very admirable, but also against the rules!

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the moral of the story is, sticks and stones may break your bones, but if you're gonna insult someone it better be funny 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just don't think Jrue is getting the recognition he should, and rightfully so. But you look at what he did once he came off the minute restriction, he's absolutely in the discussion. 19 pts, 3 rbs, 7 asts, 2 steals, 44% from the field, and we all know what he does defensively. And he did that in just 30 minutes.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I guess if nola took Jrue, I can take Reggie :)

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take Reggie over Teague and Kemba as well lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
[member='buzzy'] get your ass back in here and vote for Bledsoe

Paulius

Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
How can he get full recognition when hes injured every year? Whens the last time he's played more than like 65 games?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How can he get full recognition when hes injured every year? Whens the last time he's played more than like 65 games?
The guy was mostly healthy his first four years in the league (think he played like 91% of his games), he lost two years to a knee injury, and he's been healthy the last year and a half, and Pelican doctors largely believe the knee issue is passed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%