• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Why aren't there always 2 questions is the better..... question.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love Danny Green, I would take him on my team in a heartbeat, but I think he's more of a product of the team he plays on than the player he actually is.

Defensively, he's excellent in all areas. He can defend ball screens, he can defend on an island, he can fight through screens, get out to shooters, he's excellent all around.

But this is the select group of top SG's we are talking about here, and he just does not stack up offensively. I may take Kyle Korver before Danny Green. Here is why: Green has it easy playing in San Antonio, he's a great spot up guy, but he has it easy. Here are a few numbers. 26% of Bradley Beals threes were uncontested last year, 38% of JJ Redicks threes were uncontested, 28% of Klay Thompsons, and so on. Green? 51% of his threes are uncontested. 51%, over half. That's a product of the team he plays for. When his shots were contested, he knocked down just 31% of his looks. Those other guys? 44%, 39%, and 34%.

But it goes further than that. Before I said I may take Korver over Green, that's because Korver can do more than just spot up and he's good enough defensively. Green is a spot up guy, he can't do anything else for you. He was abysmal in the PnR, you can't isolate him, he is a good cutter off the ball but it isn't something he did less than twice a game, team basically generated one field goal per game from Green cutting. Then the thing that shocked me, and really swung this in favor of some other guys over Green, he can't come off screens. He only did it about once a game and only shot 35% in those situations. He's quite literally a catch and shoot guy who may not even be as good as advertised there. He can't control the ball, and when he does put the ball on the floor for 1 or more dribbles he shoots sub 35% from the field.

The 9th best SG needs to offer more to his team than that, IMO.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you cant discount a guy because he thrives in the only real system he's played in..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
you cant discount a guy because he thrives in the only real system he's played in..
I'd almost always agree, but for these polls I completely disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%