• T. Lawson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosox also said that Rondo is overrated and should have been dealt at the deadline. I have no reason to not believe him.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All jokes aside, Rondo really won me over this postseason. He earned my respect after that ballsy series against Miami.

That being said, the guy has always put up killer numbers in the postseason... not sure why he's rising to the top of PG lists now. Fresh on everyone's minds I suppose.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
All games count. Give me a guy that's going to go out and fight every night over a guy that's going to only fight on some nights.
Give me the guy who is the best PG in the NBA, Rondo.

What I am saying is, he shows up when needed. Which is all a team can ask for.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol, Rondo is not the best PG in the NBA.

That's crazy talk.

And that's all the team can ask for? All the team can ask for is for him to show up and play hard every night.

Rice18

Reaction score
Lol, Rondo is not the best PG in the NBA.

That's crazy talk.

And that's all the team can ask for? All the team can ask for is for him to show up and play hard every night.
He shows up when needed, as long as they make the playoffs the regular season means nothing.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Do you really think Doc thinks the regular season means nothing?

Rice18

Reaction score
You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Do you really think Doc thinks the regular season means nothing?
Oh no, I know it means a ton to him. I don't think that Rondo is asked half as much in the regular season as the post-season.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rondo is in the argument for being #1 PG in the league easy.

I'd still pick Paul over him, but that may change next season.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yes he is improving with his jumper, but he still isn't great.

Let's take a look into this post season for Rondo, most specifically in the Heat series.

He was really only that affective jump shooter when Pierce was out of the game, whether fouling out or in foul trouble. When Pierce was on the court, Rondo was definitely not the "number one point guard in the league". He really lacks a consistent motor, which is a huge flaw of his. During the PHI series, he was so lazy. He was playing loosely off Jrue, who arguably outplayed Rondo in the series, and rather going to get rebounds, he waited for it to go to them. If he got screened, he had no effort in trying to get around it. He would dribble the ball up the court as slowly as possible, and once he got to the top of the key, he picked up his dribble and looked to pass to Pierce or KG. Jrue played off of Rondo when he picked up his dribble, and it made it easier for the Sixers to defend the Celts.

Rondo definitely proved himself during the Heat series, but what about the other 80 games before that? If the C's lost to Philly in Game 7, Rondo isn't in the conversation for the #3 PG. so why is one series, against a team he's always played well, skewing him towards the top of this list?

I'm with Nola here, he doesn't show up enough in the non "big" games to be considered a Top 3 PG. he's definitely improved, but he is not Top 3

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Rondo proved himself by torching Mario Chalmers?

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rondo last 3 years:

12.5 PPG, 11 APG, 4.6 RPG, 2.2 SPG.

CAREER playoff averages of 15/9/6, with 17/12/7 this past year... And we can all agree that we have yet to see the best Rondo has to offer.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Sure, but can you explain why Rondo performs better in the playoffs, or in regular season games versus NYK, MIA, etc.

It's all a motivation issue, and that's why Rondo isn't a Top 3 PG. he isn't consistently motivated, and that's something that stats cannot truly depict

Sportsguy9695

Reaction score
for me it was down to Rose and Rondo. and I went with Rose. I just like his style of play more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%