FearLessBeast

Reaction score
[h=1]Tray Walker, Ravens CB, Dies at Age 23 After Motorcycle Accident[/h]
NEXT ARTICLE »

Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images

[h=4]Alec
Nathan
Mar 18, 2016[/h]

Baltimore Ravens cornerback Tray Walker, 23, died Friday at 5 p.m. ET after suffering injuries in a motorcycle accident March 17.
Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun passed along the news from Walker's agent, Ron Butler. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network added Walker sustained "serious head injuries."
Walker was initially taken to the trauma unit at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami after colliding with a Ford Escape, according to Zrebiec.
Ravens teammates Marlon Brown, Justin Forsett and Crockett Gillmore offered condolences upon hearing the news:
A fourth-round pick in 2015, Walker appeared in eight games for the Ravens and recorded two tackles primarily as a special teams contributor during his rookie season after shining at Texas Southern University.
"It was just a learning step for me," Walker said of his rookie season, per Zrebiec. "There was a lot for me to learn and accomplish throughout the season, adjusting to the length of the season as well as studying the game. At some points, it was [frustrating]. But I just used that as an edge for me."
Prior to joining the Ravens, Walker recorded nine interceptions over the course of four collegiate seasons.
"They were overwhelmed by my size and my ability to move the way I can," Walker said after the Ravens drafted him, according to Ryan Mink of the team's official website. "I just kept faith that I'd be somewhere and I ended up at the place where the most interest was there."
A Miami native, Walker dedicated his rookie season to his late father, Tommy Lee Walker, who died of a heart attack at 53 years old in November 2014, according to Zrebiec.
link: http://teamstre.am/22sIHXM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%