2018 OFF-SEASON DISCUSSION THREAD

Paulius

Reaction score
The Celtics and point guard Terry Rozier will not come to an agreement on a contract extension prior to Monday’s deadline, two league sources told the Globe.

According to one source, Rozier is determined to become a starting point guard in the NBA, and next summer will seek the minutes and money of a starter, perhaps in the $20 million-per-season range.

And let it begin

20M per season tho lol

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score

Those are his numbers in the playoffs, where he was a starter... not too off from what your boi Zach LaVine got last season (and he got $19.5M/yr on a $101M cap when next year the cap will be $109M and $20M next year is about $18.5M this year)

Now he's not gonna get $20M with Boston, but I don't see $16M/yr being out of the question tbh (from another team)... his RFA status does increase his value as we all know how much Danny loves Rozier. If a team like Phoenix falls in love with him, they might have to overpay for him to get him away from Ainge's grasp.

Paulius

Reaction score
The issue is not about the money, the issue is that he will use this year to prove his worth

Which could really backfire for you guys if he’s out there trying to do too much and not being a team first guy

Or it’ll really help yall, but usually in these cases the player looks great individually during that contract year but not team wise

We’ll see but it wont be all rainbows and sunshines in boston this season

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When I think of a good use of 20 million per, my instinct is to give it to a career 38% shooter

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Paulius said:
The issue is not about the money, the issue is that he will use this year to prove his worth

Which could really backfire for you guys if he’s out there trying to do too much and not being a team first guy

Or it’ll really help yall, but usually in these cases the player looks great individually during that contract year but not team wise

We’ll see but it wont be all rainbows and sunshines in boston this season
I do agree in concept that if theres anyone on this team who has to prove his pay, its Rozier, but I do think you're underestimating his impact on this team. He's gonna be a serious 6th man candidate, as he's been spelling in Hayward and Kyrie early in these preseason games and I'd expect similarly for when the season starts (with Hayward).

Rozier is Ainge's guy... I bet he behaves as long as hes getting PT, which id guess is around 25mpg

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rozier will stay cause kyrie is gone

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Has greatest defensive player of all time ever been discussed here?

Paulius

Reaction score
dez said:
Has greatest defensive player of all time ever been discussed here?
PG: Gary
SG: Jordan
SF: Pippen

Two big men: Bill Russell and Hakeem

Sixth man: Ben Wallace

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
PG: Gary
SG: Jordan
SF: Pippen

Two big men: Bill Russell and Hakeem

Sixth man: Ben Wallace
i agree. rodman and ben could maybe get swapped too

Paulius

Reaction score
Wont be surprised at all if Warriors pick him up

They need another big body and Noahs passing playmaking would fit right in for them for about 5-10 minutes a night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%