2018 OFF-SEASON DISCUSSION THREAD

Paulius

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
It's not though. Isn't he from LA? I'm sure he'd want to go there whether LeBron is there or not
Sure

But Lebron most likely will be there. And Kawhi wants to be on Lebrons team

The same guy he beat in 2014

Now he wants to be under his shadow

Thats sad on the fact that i thought he was a rare breed. Kyrie wanted his own team, thats respect. Kawhi has it all and instead he wants to take a shortcut and team up with Bron

Soft. Hes a fake

Paulius

Reaction score
DJT said:

I also don't really blame Kawhi, the whole situation last season with his injury and people blaming each other. That wouldn't sit well with me.
A bruised calf

Sat out the entire year

A franchise that is always, always 100% sure their players are fully healthy, always rested and what not. They cleared him

Wont be shocked when we find out that he coulda played but just didnt wanna play. Hes a fake

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Sure

But Lebron most likely will be there. And Kawhi wants to be on Lebrons team

The same guy he beat in 2014

Now he wants to be under his shadow

Thats sad on the fact that i thought he was a rare breed. Kyrie wanted his own team, thats respect. Kawhi has it all and instead he wants to take a shortcut and team up with Bron

Soft. Hes a fake
Youre making up that narrative

Paulius

Reaction score
So you’re gonna sit here and pretend like Lebron has nothing to do with it huh

Ok

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Paulius said:
So youre gonna sit here and pretend like Lebron has nothing to do with it huh

Ok
it has everything to do with him wanting to leave the spurs, and the lakers/clippers are his two preferred destinations regardless of whether or not LeBron is there.

Paulius

Reaction score
Ok he can go home

And then he can have fun being second fiddle to Lebron

Perfect role for him actually so im sure he’s looking forward to it

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't be opposed to a Lebron - Kawhi rivalry in LA

Paulius

Reaction score
Clippers have nothing to trade for him

Its Lakers or Celtics imo

Maybe Philly

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Ok he can go home

And then he can have fun being second fiddle to Lebron

Perfect role for him actually so im sure he’s looking forward to it
Lebron isn't going to the Clippers.

Paulius said:
Clippers have nothing to trade for him

Its Lakers or Celtics imo

Maybe Philly
Clippers can offer Tobias +#12 and/or #13. Thats not a bad package at all. Tobias is good.

Paulius

Reaction score
DJT said:
Lebron isn't going to the Clippers.

Clippers can offer Tobias +#12 and/or #13. Thats not a bad package at all. Tobias is good.
Garbage package considering what Lakers or Celtics could offer

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Has the awards thing even fucking happened yet?
The season ended like 2 months ago and they still haven't had them yet

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Garbage package considering what Lakers or Celtics could offer
Celtics could possibly make a better offer, if they choose to, and i'm not sure they will.

Lakers can offer what? Ball+Deng? Kuz+Deng maybe Ingram+Deng? If the spurs aren't super high on Ball, Kuz and/or Ingram, they won't like those packages.

Paulius

Reaction score
DJT said:
Celtics could possibly make a better offer, if they choose to, and i'm not sure they will.

Lakers can offer what? Ball+Deng? Kuz+Deng maybe Ingram+Deng? If the spurs aren't super high on Ball, Kuz and/or Ingram, they won't like those packages.
It wouldnt just be one of those young guys + deng

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
It wouldnt just be one of those young guys + deng
Then what would it be? 2 of those young guys + Deng? They don't have a pick which I think is very valuable, especially in the lottery of this draft.

Paulius

Reaction score
DJT said:
Then what would it be? 2 of those young guys + Deng? They don't have a pick which I think is very valuable, especially in the lottery of this draft.
Two of those guys + deng, yea

Lakers will throw whatever for Kawhi

Kawhi preferring the Lakers will just make all the other teams shy away from offering for a 1 year rental

So Spurs will have to end up dealing with the Lakers either way so Kawhi doesnt just walk for nothing. And since he probably wont commit anywhere else, Lakers will be able to give Spurs the best package

He’s going to be a Laker, unless he comes out and says he would re sign with the celtics if they traded for him or something

Kawhis uncle and Kyries dad are really close friends, so thats a plus

Id rather see him with King Kyrie

Paulius

Reaction score
Magic “razor thin” between Trae and Collin apprently

Fuck no man. Please stay away from Sexton

Awful franchise

Paulius

Reaction score
@snipezo @rios

Apparently the raptrors want Shai Gilgeous Alexander

And the dude looks like a stud. Canadian too

Bring him home

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heard the Raptors want to trade into the top 10. Would think that would have to mean Lowry or DeMar to get there. 

And yeah Lakers seem to be in the lead for Kawhi. But he also wants to go to the Clippers and Knicks. The Spurs will take the best offer between those 3 teams before letting him walk. Clippers can offer a lottery pick in a good draft and a good player in Tobias. Lakers can offer youth which is nice. Knicks can't offer crap. Celtics can offer young guys + picks. 

All comes down to who actually offers what, and what the Spurs want. I don't see the Spurs doing anything soon though.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
lol fucking stop comparing every single person to kobe in terms of "loyalty"

the spurs fucking suck. pop is retiring in two years or less, they have zero shot of making the finals, and a slim shot of even advancing through the first round with their current roster. they have the 2nd oldest roster in the nba, and their best "trade asset" is a young defensive PG that shot 26% from three this year. they literally cannot get better unless they're trading with Billy King.

why would you stay with this team for the long term? he doesn't have to sign with the fucking warriors, but his goal is to win titles and that's not happening in San Antonio. 

-----

but the real thing you're missing with all this kobe bullshit comparisons is contract length. kawhi is an unrestricted free agent in the 2019 offseason. he can leave the spurs dry, so by telling them now that he's not re-signing its actually more beneficial to the team. kobe's team had made the finals in four of the previous five seasons when he was offered a giant 7 year deal to be the face of the best team in the NBA at that time. and he demanded a trade because midway through that deal they were ass like the spurs are, but he didn't have nearly as much leverage that kawhi has. the lakers could afford to move their assets around to get players still, while the spurs cant, but if kobe's contract was expiring in 2007 you'd bet your ass he would have been traded.

nba loyalty doesn't exist. kobe asked for a trade in '06. pierce asked for a trade in '07 from boston. lebron left the cavs. the celtics shipped off isaiah thomas after he literally gave all he could to the team. the clippers traded away blake as soon as they could get could after he signed to a huge extension. players will do whats best for them and so do the teams. the only players I consider to be "loyal" are Dirk and DWade, and Wade could have easily left had the venue of South Beach not been appealing for LeBron. Like, if the Cavs had enough cap space in 2010 he might have gone to Cleveland then.

so just stop it
don't forget the heat lowballed Wade and made him go to Chicago pretty much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%