2018 NFL Gameday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So yesterday during the pro bowl, Alvin Kamara played DE for a play and dusted Jack Conklin.

I was once ridiculed for saying Conklin was a terrible draft pick on this very forum. I feel justified.

Paulius

Reaction score
So it feels like theres not a soul in the world who thinks the rams can win

Have talked to so many people and they are saying pats

I think so as well

But shit would be hilarious if Rams win

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It really feels like the Rams fell ass backwards into this. 

I don't have stats to back this up, but I feel like when teams have a super lucky win in the playoffs, they lose their next game like 80% of the time.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I can see this game going so many ways

Rams have the pieces to make it troublesome for the Pats. Its like our fanbase forgets that the last time we didnt make the Super Bowl, it was because Wade Phillips' defense fucking killed us. And now he has 2 All-Pro corners, fast linebackers that can cover the RBs well in the passing game... Suh's been dominant in the past 2 games, and Donald is the DPOY.

We've been great at running the ball, especially late in the season. So had Dallas and New Orleans, and Zeke/Kamara were shut down against the Rams. My only glimmer of hope for the run game is that DAL/NO run Zone-Blocking, which with the Rams speed they penetrated the gaps easily to make TFL. Pats run Power-Blocking, with the concept of just overpowering your matchups. 380lb Trent Brown lined up against 265lb Dante Fowler could be an insane matchup for the Pats, especially if they run Power Left with Mason pulling and Develin leading the way for Michel. But I can easily see the Rams shutting down our running game, and forcing Tom to drop back and throw against Press Man against good corners and a fantastic front 4.

We're also not great at stopping the run, and our formula of scoring early so the opposition doesnt want to chew clock is a very solid strategy. Todd Gurley scares the living shit out of me, because if we couldn't stop 3rd string RB Jaylen Samuels for rushing for 142 yards against us, how can we stop Gurley? i'm not scared of their wideouts or TEs, but we've been fucking awful at defending RBs in the passing game over the past 2 seasons as well.

Pats fans are WAY too over confident for this Sunday; the amount of people who think it will be a blowout is asinine. I'll take the Pats in a close game, like every Super Bowl we've ever been in, but the Rams should give us trouble. If we win big, its because Goff shits himself like he did versus Chicago earlier this year. I don't see McVay letting that happen though.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just don't feel like Goff can get it done against the Pats' defense. Most impressive unit of the playoffs for me. If this was the Pats' D that Nick Foles had to face last year I don't think the Eagles would have got it done.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It's mental, though.

In both games, the Pats took the ball and scored a touchdown. The problem for the oppositions was how they scored. Against the Chargers, they went 83 yards in 14 plays, taking up 7:11 of clock -- essentially half of the first quarter was gone before Rivers touched the ball and he was down. Against the Chiefs, we went 80 yards on 15 plays, taking up 8:05 of clock. 

The Pats tired up their opposition's defense with methodical drives (Chargers played 83 defensive snaps, Chiefs played 97 snaps, league average is 63 snaps), so the Pats could choose to be more aggressive defensively. They knew that the Chargers couldnt afford to run the ball when the Pats show pressure looks, and it forced their hands into throwing poor looks and getting 3-and-outs

The Pats defense in the second half allowed 294 yards on 32 plays against the Chiefs and were outscored 31-17 in the 2nd half. Nobody will talk about it because we won, but had Dee Ford not lined up offsides, there would be SO much talk to how New England's defense blew the game.

Our press-man defense is really good, overall. Our zone defense is fucking laughable, and if the Rams can force us into zone, it will not go well.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chiefs also had an all time talent at QB and the fastest WR in the league. The Rams don't. If you were to hold them to 0 points in the first half I don't think they have the guns to come back.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Rams are better than the Chiefs were defensively and have a much better run game.

I don't think they will win but I think the Rams have a better shot than people are giving them.

Rams biggest struggle against the Saints was running the ball but that was largely due to communication issues along the o-line with the crowd noise. That won't be the case on neutral field.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Our zone defense is fucking laughable, and if the Rams can force us into zone, it will not go well.
This is exactly what McVay wants. Drop more defenders in to coverage with less pass rushers but I can't imagine Bill makes that mistake.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So Sean Payton did his end of season PC this morning and a lot of people believe he was wearing the Goodell clown shirt under his jacket lol

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/sdjacksondc/status/1090646823293935616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1090646823293935616&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231090646823293935616

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I would feel a lot more sympathetic for the Saints if they didnt win the toss and get the ball to start OT. Brees threw a pick and thats why they lost the game

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
That's incredibly mature of him

It's petty as hell and I love it lol

bosoxlover12 said:
I would feel a lot more sympathetic for the Saints if they didnt win the toss and get the ball to start OT. Brees threw a pick and thats why they lost the game
More than one flag could have been thrown on that play as well

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:

It's petty as hell and I love it lol

More than one flag could have been thrown on that play as well
To you especially but to really everyone who complains about the referees across sports -- stop.

The refs will fuck up in one way or another. They'll always sway games in one team's favor all the time, and nothing outside of completely removing them would fix the issues that they do create.

So instead of complaining about the referees fucking up, just accept it and move on with the game's competition. James Harden's the perfect example of this -- he knows how to play the refs like a fiddle and its gotten him to be the likely favorite for MVP. Use it to your advantage when you can.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVAECoucqNo

@[member="Paulius"]

Tom Brady can't do this

Paulius

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVAECoucqNo

@[member="Paulius"]

Tom Brady can't do this
Doesnt he do clutch shit all the time? Haha

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The two hail mary's on one drive is the most impressive thing he's done.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Doesnt he do clutch shit all the time? Haha
Oh yeah. He's one bad mother fucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwiBW6j80kI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0vVqStvh_8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%