2018 NFL Gameday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
It's just too bad that TJ Yeldon is so underwhelming between the tackles. He should be good enough to fill in for Fournette. Enough to maintain their offensive system somewhat, at least.

I think they'd be better off if they'd kept Allen Robinson. Out of their current WRs, I think only Westbrook has superstar potential, but he hasn't produce as of yet. Jacksonville moved on entirely from the Robinson/Hurns era. There was going to be something of lull early on once Lee was lost for the season. I like the upside of Cole/Westbrook by the latter half of the season, but there's just no guaranteeing they show up to the party eventually. 

Also, use ASJ, for Christ's sake. Dude is too good to not be producing more. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Isn't Diggs a top 10 WR, too, at this point? Minnesota has the two best WRs in their division.

You know what, let's be respectful of the other great WRs and widen the field to top 15. I'd say there's no argument that either is outside of the top 15. And both are probably top 10.
Im inclined to agree. Love them both

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I'm going to break down the two of them from my perspective. Try to figure out who's better at what.

1. Better route runner--Thielen. And I only give him this one because he has less trouble with physicality.
2. Better hands--Wash. Each will have a game here and there with a few drops but most of the time you won't see a good ball hit the ground.
3. More elusive--Diggs. He made some plays for first downs in yesterday's game that Thielen doesn't make.
4. Tougher to bring down--Thielen. That being said, neither gets tackled easily.
5. Better in the Red Zone--Diggs. This is where Diggs shines between the two of them.
6. Consistency--Obviously Thielen but it's not like Diggs has very many games where you don't notice him.

Overall: I'd say Thielen's production has created a small bit of separation at this point but it's not a huge gap. 

Quick note about another Vikings receiver: I don't think he'll produce a whole lot more than he is now but I really appreciate the way Kirk Cousins has been using Laquon Treadwell. I expect a handful of bigger games moving forward as teams really try to clamp down on Thielen/Diggs. Treadwell made a great play to get a first down yesterday where he ran through a defender and fought 1-2 others for the last few yards to get a first down. Awesome play. Expect some more touchdowns for #11 as the season moves along.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jay Ajayi tore his ACL.

Welcome to Philly Le'Veon!

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:
Man thats awesome. I've never been to an NFL game. Plan on going to a game in Minnesota some time eventually.

And to the Diggs Thielen topic, i'd say Diggs is the much better athlete which is not a surprise but both are dang good.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT said:
Man thats awesome. I've never been to an NFL game. Plan on going to a game in Minnesota some time eventually.

And to the Diggs Thielen topic, i'd say Diggs is the much better athlete which is not a surprise but both are dang good.
It's worth it, especially when your close to the field. Might get something from a player, got one those hand towels the NFL players wear from Domata Peko

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Michael Thomas has 43 catches on 45 targets so far this year.  That's crazy.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Michael Thomas has 43 catches on 45 targets so far this year.  That's crazy.
Him and Brees are on my fantasy team. Been good except for last week during the Kamara show.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, bailed them out twice on third down with stupid fucking penalties.

The Redskins become the worst team in the league whenever they play on Monday night.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did you guys know Drew Brees was close to some kind of passing record tonight?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Did you guys know Drew Brees was close to some kind of passing record tonight?
First i'm hearing of this.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Is that actually a rumor?
Think it's just speculation. One of the Eagles' writers suggested they're more interested in David Johnson.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the rumor is from apparently they have been interested in him for a long time.

But I don't see it happening.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Saints really seem to be hitting their stride

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Adam Thielen is making less than $4 million this season.

That has to be the biggest (non-rookie) bargain contract in the league by a substantial margin. 

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Adam Thielen is making less than $4 million this season.

That has to be the biggest (non-rookie) bargain contract in the league by a substantial margin. 
And he signed that extension before last season, I think.

I don't expect he'll ever play for what he's worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%