2018 NBA Post-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulius

Reaction score
Man sometimes you just gotta believe

Pure example of 6th seed Zalgiris against 3rd seed elite Olympiacos team

Gods got a plan for those who want it, those who give their entire heart and effort for it

This is such a special day, this might not happen again in my lifetime

Lets go boys!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Nah, Jasikevicius to Milwaukee
obviously you want to see him succeed in the greatest league but do you really want him to leave?

Paulius

Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
obviously you want to see him succeed in the greatest league but do you really want him to leave?
Absolutely. This cinderella run wont happen every year. Their budget is non existent to get real europe stars and this year it just happened to be a mix of guys trying to prove their worth and old Lithuanian veterans on the team who just want to win. Just one of those teams with amazing chemistry. His coaching absolutely did all this tho. Amazing leader

He wont get to the NBA soon tho, i think hes being smart with it. He had a bunch of offers from top teams in Europe last year like Barcelona, Panathinaikos, CSKA etc and turned it down to go one more year with Zalgiris to get more experience and try to do big things with the team he had, and definitely ended up doing that

Theres already reports out that all the elite teams in Euroleague will be going after him this summer again. Pop invited him to summer league last year and he declined. Imo another smart move to make sure to come to nba when hes fully ready and gains more experience

Im sure we’ll see him with one of elite teams next year. Im expecting Barselona because they’ve been struggling. Didnt make the playoffs. If he could help them get to the top again that would only help his resume

Paulius

Reaction score
Its one of those things like Lithuanian players playing overseas and you want them to someday be in the nba. The best league

Same goes with him, especially considering how much he has achieved and how much he knows basketball and how good of a leader he used to. Was always a player coach on the floor

Nba is turning into more of european ball in terms of ball movement. In his system he also been running a lot of PnRs and shooting a lot of threes just how the nba is played. He smart, he’s prepping, he outcoached so many veteran coaches during this run

My wish would be that Pop calls him up in a few years, then Messina takes the head coach job and Saras takes the assistant and goes from there. Would be the perfect fit for him.

Other than that, he has options. He’s not worried im sure and not gonna make quick moves.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Its one of those things like Lithuanian players playing overseas and you want them to someday be in the nba. The best league

Same goes with him, especially considering how much he has achieved and how much he knows basketball and how good of a leader he used to. Was always a player coach on the floor

Nba is turning into more of european ball in terms of ball movement. In his system he also been running a lot of PnRs and shooting a lot of threes just how the nba is played. He smart, hes prepping, he outcoached so many veteran coaches during this run

My wish would be that Pop calls him up in a few years, then Messina takes the head coach job and Saras takes the assistant and goes from there. Would be the perfect fit for him.

Other than that, he has options. Hes not worried im sure and not gonna make quick moves.
yea i agree and i think if he takes his time, hes going to do well when he jumps to the nba. good for your team man.

Paulius

Reaction score
Its good for the entire country and all Lithuanians at this point but thanks man

Paulius

Reaction score
Feel like the goaltend isnt talked about enough

Pacers got robbed

Would be going home with a 3-2 lead

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The prevailing wisdom would tell you that LeBron hit a shot worth more points regardless. Sure, you could argue that it may have played out differently, but with only 3 seconds (may have been slightly more time with the goaltend call), I cant imagine the cavaliers game plan coming out of the timeout being much different.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Feel like the goaltend isnt talked about enough

Pacers got robbed

Would be going home with a 3-2 lead

This series reminds me so much of that Bulls series a few years ago.

A team kind of gets screwed on a missed call, Lebron buzzer beater, etc.

Paulius

Reaction score
Yup

Blatt called a timeout that they didnt have

Woulda been FT and our ball and its a wrap. Series changing game too

Bron stays getting lucky

Paulius

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
The prevailing wisdom would tell you that LeBron hit a shot worth more points regardless. Sure, you could argue that it may have played out differently, but with only 3 seconds (may have been slightly more time with the goaltend call), I cant imagine the cavaliers game plan coming out of the timeout being much different.
Brons hands woulda been shaking more if hes down 2. We know that

CoachAF

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Brons hands woulda been shaking more if hes down 2. We know that
Yup. Easier to take that shot knowing OT is a worst case scenario. Its ok. Philly gonna take care of LeBron.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Remember when bosox ripped me for just thinking the bucks could win at home?

Lmao

Not only did they, but they took all 3 home games

> __>

:Yoda:

Paulius

Reaction score
BrewCrewFan said:
Game 7

Giannis came up huge tonight
Yall better win

Both my upsets gotta go thru this year

Paulius

Reaction score
So now i kinda hope its cavs vs philly in ecf. Gonna be pretty funny

Bnc has stopped believing in his king and has philly as the favourites

You already know im rooting for the cavs just for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%