Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulius

Reaction score
Tomorrow games are gonna be fun

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
Great win by my Pelicans. Giving up these leads is a routine for them apparently, and it needs to stop, but we really do have some ballers.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Sixers are going to make a Warriors-esque leap very soon.  Perhaps as early as next season.

I just wish Ben Simmons had a jumper.  Even a marginally reliable jumper would elevate him to elite status.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
The Sixers are going to make a Warriors-esque leap very soon.  Perhaps as early as next season.

I just wish Ben Simmons had a jumper.  Even a marginally reliable jumper would elevate him to elite status.
if he can come in next season and hit threes at even a 30% clip, it could be argued he is a top 15 player already. Passing, defending, finishing at the rim... hes already there.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The GSW/SAS series ain't even worth watching. Loved what I saw out of Toronto yesterday. That bench really is something. Though a lot of folks were picking the Heat to beat the Sixers, I think Philadelphia showed yesterday that they really should have no trouble with Miami, and I'm not convinced Boston can play with them either. If the Sixers play like yesterday moving forward, just punch their ticket to the ECF already because their first 2 rounds are arbitrary. Also, Portland might be the flukiest 3 seed we've ever seen in the Western Conference, because seeds 4-6 are all better than they are, in my opinion. Trading for Mirotic was brilliant on the Pelicans' part. 

Excited to see how today's games pan out. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Miamis defense was outstanding in the first half, and fell apart in the second, along with an inefficient offense throughout most. There were several parts of the game where Philly struggled, but the moments that Miami went into a lull the Sixers captialized and took a huge lead.

Boston is a team that, for the most part, doesnt have those lapses of defensive struggle and inconsistency. There is a reason they are the #1 ranked team defensively according to most metrics, and allow the 2nd least points in the league. Like no doubt that Kyrie is a massive loss for this team, but their defense technically does get better as a result. Between Horford, Smart, Ojeleye, and Jaylen the Celtics will have a body on Simmons at all time with the ability to slow him down.

Like I can guarantee you (assuming if we can advance past Milwaukee) that Philly isnt dropping 130 on this team, period. They could beat us in the series, esp if Morris / Rozier / Tatum are cold from the field scoring wise. But yall are def overhyping the Sixers from yesterdays game. The first half proved that they can DEFINITELY be beat in a series

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
if he can come in next season and hit threes at even a 30% clip, it could be argued he is a top 15 player already. Passing, defending, finishing at the rim... hes already there.

I just wonder what his deal is.  He has a pretty good shooting form, and there's plenty of practice/shootaround footage that proves he can consistently hit spot up jumpers.

Outside of his free throw percentage, it's hard to tell if he's actually a poor shooter because he just flat out refuses to shoot.  Including college, he's only attempted like 10 threes in his career.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Miamis defense was outstanding in the first half, and fell apart in the second, along with an inefficient offense throughout most. There were several parts of the game where Philly struggled, but the moments that Miami went into a lull the Sixers captialized and took a huge lead.

Boston is a team that, for the most part, doesnt have those lapses of defensive struggle and inconsistency. There is a reason they are the #1 ranked team defensively according to most metrics, and allow the 2nd least points in the league. Like no doubt that Kyrie is a massive loss for this team, but their defense technically does get better as a result. Between Horford, Smart, Ojeleye, and Jaylen the Celtics will have a body on Simmons at all time with the ability to slow him down.

Like I can guarantee you (assuming if we can advance past Milwaukee) that Philly isnt dropping 130 on this team, period. They could beat us in the series, esp if Morris / Rozier / Tatum are cold from the field scoring wise. But yall are def overhyping the Sixers from yesterdays game. The first half proved that they can DEFINITELY be beat in a series

Is Smart expected to be back by then?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BNC said:
Its close, theyre just as good as Cleveland. Maybe better, but they dont have Bron
Cleveland is definitely the favorite.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:

Is Smart expected to be back by then?
Expectations were to have him back by the 2nd round initially, so I'd assume so, but I've also heard very little about his progression back to game ready so I guess idk

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
He might already be a top 15 player without the jumper

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Death of the Celtics

Moment of silence

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brian Anderson, from Milwaukee and the voice of the Brewers

Kevin McHale, Celtics legend

Nice balance in the booth

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BNC said:
He might already be a top 15 player without the jumper
lebron
durant
curry
kawhi
harden
cp3
westbrook
davis
giannis
kyrie
lillard
butler
pg13
boogie
wall

CoachAF

Reaction score
Smart comes back possibly in Game 7.... They might need him for that the way Milwaukee is playing right now

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
lebron
durant
curry
kawhi
harden
cp3
westbrook
davis
giannis
kyrie
lillard
butler
pg13
boogie
wall
Give me Ben over Kyrie, Wall and Lillard. Embiid too

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Milwaukee can't shoot at all. It's kind of pathetic watching them on offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%