2018 NBA Post-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Paulius said:
So its MJs fault that the superteam LeGM built didnt work out

Gotchu
So it's LeBron's fault that he utterly eviscerated the Eastern Conference throughout his career?

I'm just saying, your logic defeats itself. LeBron IS a better OVERALL player. To deny it any longer is intellectually dishonest

Paulius

Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
So it's LeBron's fault that he utterly eviscerated the Eastern Conference throughout his career?

I'm just saying, your logic defeats itself. LeBron IS a better OVERALL player. To deny it any longer is intellectually dishonest
Pippen said it best

MJ was never asked to do everything that Lebron has to do, but if MJ had to, he would be getting close to double digit assists too if he wanted. Rebounds too if he wanted. But the Bulls just needed him to score

So the whole “better overall” player argument is flawed because MJ did it all too when needed

When MJ wanted, he averaged a triple double for a month. Once played PG for 20 or some games and averaged 10+ assists.

Lebron has built teams around him with players to purposely geek his overall numbers. To help him average close to a triple double. Its Lebron ball. If MJ got to play MJ ball and have the ball in his hands THIS much, his numbers would be even more impressive

Paulius

Reaction score
all of that and i didnt even mention how much softer the nba is these days

More skilled? Sure

But SOFT.

How do you think MJ would do if he was backing down little Rozier in the post the way Lebron does all the time with barely any doubling

MJ had to drive to the paint with legit two 7 footers waiting to blast his ass

Come on man, this game today is set up to help the stats, to help guys like Lebron and Curry and so many others guys.

If you dont realize that, you’re just lying to yourself

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
buzzy said:
Lebron has the most series sweeps in NBA history
Against trash teams. Whenever he actually does play a good team, he always seems to need some kind of reason to have a game like this. The other team has to win a few games first. THEN he goes into this mode.

BwareDWare94 said:
This is ridiculous. Nobody is capable of a Herculean effort every night. He's 33 to boot
He's capable of giving more effort than he does. It really seems like he saves most of it for games like this. It's predictable now.

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Prisoners of the moment
MJ put up some insane numbers too. It's not like MJ wasn't capable of doing anything Bron does. Bron has to do more, and he does it against lesser competition. People see these stat lines he puts up and yeah, they're great. But don't act like MJ didn't do all that same stuff many times.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Has there ever been an argument in all of sports that is more exhausting than MJ vs. Lebron?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Houston is winning tonight

Hi im from the future

Paulius

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Has there ever been an argument in all of sports that is more exhausting than MJ vs. Lebron?
Lebron vs Kobe used to be pretty exhausting

Paulius

Reaction score
The last two games Warriors have looked just like OKC looked a few years back

Something KD wanted to leave

But now hes the one thats playing okc ball like no other haha

Also playing like hes scared of competition

Paulius

Reaction score
But dont let all that distract you from the fact that everything and anything was Westbrooks fault

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Pippen said it best

MJ was never asked to do everything that Lebron has to do, but if MJ had to, he would be getting close to double digit assists too if he wanted. Rebounds too if he wanted. But the Bulls just needed him to score
that sounds more like an argument in favor of LeBron

Paulius

Reaction score
I just realized Bron is getting this praise for beating a rookie, a sophomore and al horford in a game 6

Paulius

Reaction score
buzzy said:
that sounds more like an argument in favor of LeBron
I mean its pretty obvious to even a casual fan that Lebron does more out there than MJ did

But thats by design

Lebron built it this way. Its Lebron ball

If Lebron played in the triangle, not a chance he averages all those assists. The ball wouldnt be in his hands at all times

In this era, if MJ had shooters around him and the ball in his hands this much, his numbers or “overall” game would be insane. Breaking up defenses and finding shooters everywhere with ease

This era soft and it favors the offense more. Its an offensive friendly era

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Lebron vs Kobe used to be pretty exhausting

I had a math teacher in 8th grade who used to argue with students about how much better Kobe was. Every day.

Hurricane Season said:

Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning was in that category. Now it's Tom Brady vs Joe Montana.

BNC

Reaction score
Paulius said:
Winning the scoring title, mvp, being on all defensive team, averaging 32 a game, playing 40 minutes a game at the age of 33 is all irrelevant tho if its something done better than what Lebrons doing

Lol oh man. Comical

Jordan averaged 32 at age 29, not 33. At least try and get your facts straight

Paulius

Reaction score
Delirium said:

I had a math teacher in 8th grade who used to argue with students about how much better Kobe was. Every day.

Assuming that was about 7-8 years ago, he was absolutely right

Paulius

Reaction score
BNC said:

Jordan averaged 32 at age 29, not 33. At least try and get your facts straight
Was going off the top of my head from what i remember

He averaged 31.1 in the playoffs at the age of 33....

So sorry for being off by 0.9!!!

Hahah only a Lebron fan

Paulius

Reaction score
And then 32.4 at the age of 34 hahaha

Thanks for making me look this up

Even better now

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

So MJ had no competitors but LeBron gets credit for eviscerating the eastern conference?! Got it hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%