averaged over 21 points just twice
Only Harden fans look at meaningless regulat season nimbers lmao

Go look at his playoffs numbers where it actualy matters

He showed up

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Bob Cousy said that Lebron > Jordan, and that Al Horford is too soft to win a title as the starting center lol

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Coach said:

I love how Harden continually has to "prove" himself. No matter what he does, it will never be good enough until he wins a title? Is that what it takes? Can we not just appreciate how great he is? If not winning a title means there should be hatred towards someone, then I guess let's start a list of guys we should all hate:

• Grant Hill
  • Elgin Baylor
  • Patrick Ewing
  • John Stockton
  • Allen Iverson
  • Dominique Wilkins
  • T-Mac
  • Reggie Miller
  • Nash
  • Westbrook
  • Vince
  • Barkley
People don't hate James Harden because he hasn't won a championship, they hate him because for the vast majority of his career he hasn't played even the slightest bit of defense.

that, and he gets more cheap fouls and any other player in the league and shoots a ridiculous amount of free throws that are seemingly unearned

Paulius

Reaction score
Lmao at a third wheel being better than Reggie who carried the pacers to multiple CFs and a final

Took a crazy clutch game from Kobe in game 4 for the series to swing 3-1 instead of 2-2 after shaq fouled out

And i love klay but come on now

Paulius

Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
People don't hate James Harden because he hasn't won a championship, they hate him because for the vast majority of his career he hasn't played even the slightest bit of defense.
And the way he flops for fouls and the way he locks defenders arms when hes driving

The foul baiting is the most annoying shit, idec about the defense

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Reggie is good not great dude. I guess he's a hall of famer but I'd take a bunch of guards over him

Paulius

Reaction score

But only scored over 21 twice in the regular season!!

Paulius

Reaction score
I mean yea id take a bunch of guys over him too but definitely not some sidekicks

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw Reggie at a UCLA baseball game once. Couldn't say hi though since I was in the booth

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Harden is just shitty to watch most of the time. Nobody cares if he has a title or not

CoachAF

Reaction score
buzzy said:
Harden is just shitty to watch most of the time. Nobody cares if he has a title or not

You are entitled to your opinion. Watching him over the last 5 years, he is a constant highlight reel. He is one of the best passers I have ever seen in a Rockets uniform. He's a lot like Hakeem in that regard. It's an overlooked part of his game sometimes. Yeah, his ISO can get stale at times and really bog down the offense. but the stats show he is one of the best ISO players in the league (maybe even all-time although i havent looked into that). 

Paulius said:
And the way he flops for fouls and the way he locks defenders arms when hes driving

The foul baiting is the most annoying shit, idec about the defense

So let's get the definition of a flop straight. To me a flop is purposefully deceiving the ref into thinking there was contact (a foul) when there really was no such foul. He doesn't even really flop that much. He sells the contact. The contact and the fouls (by the letter of the rules) are there. You dont see him throwing himself backwards like a lot of guys do. He takes the contact (which is a foul) and makes sure that the refs see it. Now whether the refs call it a foul is up to them. people need to be upset with the officiating, but not with James. He doesnt get all those fouls in the playoffs. I understand that and am fine with it. I wont complain about that. But I don't think our definitions of flopping line up. 

BwareDWare94 said:

that, and he gets more cheap fouls and any other player in the league and shoots a ridiculous amount of free throws that are seemingly unearned

Seemingly unearned. I like how you worded that. See my comment above. I think people should have a problem with the officiating. I do. I dont like the ticky tack fouls that are called these days. But it drives up scoring which fans like and the league knows the fans will pay to see. Harden gets more calls because he attacks the rim more than 95% of other players. He has an ability to draw a defender into bad defensive position to get fouled on a jump shot better than most. He plays by the same set of rules as everyone else. If his game was so easy to do, then why cant anyone else do it at that level? 

The defense comment is stale. He plays defense. Is he great 1v1? No. But his hands are quick and he plays the passing lanes aggressively. He did last night down the stretch and got a big bucket for his team. He has had long stretches where he loses focus on that end, but in those seasons he had to carry so much of the offensive load that he couldn't do everything. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:
Draymond probably thinks he's shitty too with that dunk

Paulius

Reaction score
We all know what competitors like Draymond think about quitters

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kyle Korver is in really good shape
Like he's a fitness junkie. A lot of people don't know that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%