2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
RN4L said:
Too bad we cant play the Yankees in the ALDS
The Yankees will be a coin flip. Athletics we have the edge on.

I dont see how we would eventually beat Houston or Cleveland in the ALCS.

RN4L

Da Nation
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Did they change that rule for WC teams playing the same division in the DS when they added the 1 game play-in?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
RN4L said:
Did they change that rule for WC teams playing the same division in the DS when they added the 1 game play-in?
Correct

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I've always wondered when it comes to pitch framing, can umps not tell the dramatic move of the glove is likely because the pitch was a ball to begin with? Like does moving the glove three inches not make the ump realize "oh shit, that ball was out of the zone."

Pathetic umping on the Kinsler at bat.

The Judge

Banned
Reaction score
Would love to play the Red Sox in the playoffs.  We'll destroy them.  There's no contest.  As long as we beat Sale, the series is ours.  Once we win tonight and tomorrow when we win and the Sox lose, we'll only be down 6.5 games.  I'm hopeful we catch them and take the division. 

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The Judge said:
Would love to play the Red Sox in the playoffs.  We'll destroy them.  There's no contest.  As long as we beat Sale, the series is ours.  Once we win tonight and tomorrow when we win and the Sox lose, we'll only be down 6.5 games.  I'm hopeful we catch them and take the division. 
Counting your eggs before they hatch eh.

Might want to worry about getting Judge back first. Sure destroyed us in that four game sweep in August.

RN4L

Da Nation
Reaction score
As suspect as our pitching is, the Yanks is just as poor. Were also one of the best road teams this year. Hard to say that just because you beat Sale at home means the series is yours.

And theres no chance you catch us for the division. Mark it down in pen and you can crucify me at seasons end should it happen.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
The Judge said:

Yeah, I was expecting this would happen. Perma-banned.

CoachAF

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:

If Mookie Betts, Mike Trout, Francisco Lindor or Jose Ramirez die.

Didn't say he was the best, I was just talking about the face of baseball. That doesn't necessarily mean he is THE best, although if you look closer you will see that Bregman is right up there with the other 4 guys you mentioned. If there can only be one, then Trout is the guy. However, he plays for one of the most mismanaged, and irrelevant teams of the last decade. It is truly a shame. I don't follow the Red Sox or the Indians so I don't know about the personalities of those players. But Bregman loves the spotlight and has one of the funnest demeanor of any baseball player I have ever watched. He just lives for the big moment and the pressure. See the World Series and ALCS Game 7 for examples. MLB would do well to highlight him often...

CoachAF

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
The Yankees will be a coin flip. Athletics we have the edge on.

I dont see how we would eventually beat Houston or Cleveland in the ALCS.

After seeing the A's last week, I would want no part of them. Maybe they cool off this month, but I've been waiting for that for a while...They just keep winning. The Yankees strike out so much that you can work your way around their lineup and their starting pitching is suspect as well. 

Cleveland is the team that worries me the most, then Boston, and then Oak/NYY. I know I am biased but I still feel like the Astros are the team to beat. I just keep waiting for Correa to wake up and even Altuve. Tuve hasn't been the same since he came off the DL. He is striking out a lot. 

RN4L

Da Nation
Reaction score
Damn I had the game recorded and came here before I saw Porcello come out. Not surprised if the BP imploded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%