2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
They keep saying it's a great outing, but the guy has a 4.50 ERA.
Dude, he had one bad inning and pitched extremely well after that. Are you really gonna look at his ERA after one game? Lmao

catman

Reaction score
Not to jinx the Twins pitchers, but their starters have not allowed a run yet.  Berrios threw a shutout at the Orioles yesterday and looked really good doing so.  Gibson didn't allow a hit over 6 innings (he walked 5), and Odorizzi pitched really well in the opener.

CoachAF

Reaction score
catman said:
Not to jinx the Twins pitchers, but their starters have not allowed a run yet.  Berrios threw a shutout at the Orioles yesterday and looked really good doing so.  Gibson didn't allow a hit over 6 innings (he walked 5), and Odorizzi pitched really well in the opener.

SP was the big question mark for them entering the off-season. They got some good deals with Lynn/Odorizzi and now it could be pretty solid. I imagine there isnt much depth in case of injuries. 

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
I don't know how good the pitching is going to be in Minnesota this year, but this batting lineup is flat out dangerous.
I think it's enough for wild card, possibly the division of Cleveland doesnt play up to potential.

catman

Reaction score
Coach said:

SP was the big question mark for them entering the off-season. They got some good deals with Lynn/Odorizzi and now it could be pretty solid. I imagine there isnt much depth in case of injuries. 
They have a couple of pitchers in AAA and AA that are pretty good.  Fernando Romero and Stephen Gonsalves should be ready to contribute soon.  In case of an injury, one could step in and take the ball a few times.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I kinda like the Jays this year. Not a lot of black holes in the lineup compared to last year.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see it this year with the dbacks

SF you already know is trash

Pads aren't ready

Rockies? I don't trust their rotation or offense (yes you read that right. Offense)

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know it's seen as racist and I'm ok with them getting rid of it

But I'm kinda going to miss chief wahoo

Think I need to grab a hat

Also people who think their C logo is too boring are wrong. Super sharp logo and looks great on their hat

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
I don't see it this year with the dbacks

SF you already know is trash

Pads aren't ready

Rockies? I don't trust their rotation or offense (yes you read that right. Offense)
Well right now the Dodgers don't look any good. They might have depth, but I don't see "great" depth. Also, Hansen and Turner aren't going to have career years again. I chose them for division, but not even sure on that. It's obviously early but I don't see the greatness in them you mention and havent before the season started either.

Giants get lucky, but I don't think they are trash.

Aside from this, I agree with what you say about the other three teams.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
snipezo said:
Dude, he had one bad inning and pitched extremely well after that. Are you really gonna look at his ERA after one game? Lmao
Was about to say the same. Syndergaard had like 2 bad pitches, rest of the game he was excellent. Similar situation. Good game, a few bad pitches make it look worse.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Well right now the Dodgers don't look any good. They might have depth, but I don't see "great" depth. Also, Hansen and Turner aren't going to have career years again. I chose them for division, but not even sure on that. It's obviously early but I don't see the greatness in them you mention and havent before the season started either.

Giants get lucky, but I don't think they are trash.

Aside from this, I agree with what you say about the other three teams.
dodgers have the means to make changes though. Not going to overreact over 5 games.

Jansen is out of whack right now. I'm expecting a dl announcement

And Turner has been good for 4 years man. Look it up please. Hes not a one year wonder, he made changes and is legit like Bautista was and JD now. I'm not worried about him at all
Also plays elite defense

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Turner as a dodger

3.2 war in 109 games as part timer
4.0 war in 126 games
5.5 war in 151 games
5.5 war in 130 games

He's extremely legit

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
dodgers have the means to make changes though. Not going to overreact over 5 games.

Jansen is out of whack right now. I'm expecting a dl announcement

And Turner has been good for 4 years man. Look it up please. Hes not a one year wonder, he made changes and is legit like Bautista was and JD now. I'm not worried about him at all
Also plays elite defense
He did have 4 great years, but one of those years (last year) was beyond great.  You're not going to get that same Justin Turner again.  He'll still be great, but not .330 average great. 

I didn't say "one year wonder" about Turner.  I said career year and that's what he had last year.  And before 2015, he wasn't really full-time in the lineup.

I think the Dodgers might win by default if the Giants don't beat them.  I think the Giants are an under the radar threat.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Giants better with since they have the highest payroll in the NL

:Yoda:

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
What a game, tied 2 to 2 extra innings. Knew it was a bad idea to put Matt Barnes in.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ohtani just hit a 3 run homer lol

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haha was just about to say. That was awesome.

CoachAF

Reaction score
Mexi said:
The Giants better with since they have the highest payroll in the NL

:Yoda:
Its amazing, or embarrassing, that they were the worst team with one of the highest payrolls last year. They have been bit hard by some of the big deals they gave out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%