2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

catman

Reaction score
Corey Seager is out for the rest of 2018 -- Tommy John surgery, per MLB Network.  Fortunately for the Dodgers, they have a lot of depth, but this is still going to hurt them a lot.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
Wait, I thought this was the year....dang it.
Well their lineup is lethal... just need to give the rookies a little more time, but the ChiSox aren't messing around this year.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
catman said:
Corey Seager is out for the rest of 2018 -- Tommy John surgery, per MLB Network.  Fortunately for the Dodgers, they have a lot of depth, but this is still going to hurt them a lot.
Dodgers are done.  I knew I shouldn't have picked them even for the division. 

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I'm not sure how good the Indians are this year, but the AL Central is TRASH
Funny how I called the Twins mediocre last year even after they got to the postseason and I had a bunch of people calling me out on it...

However, I did pick them for wild card this year based solely on the fact they made some aggressive additions... right now they're not panning out but they could later on in the season.  Don't count on Buxton or Sano though.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Dodgers are done.  I knew I shouldn't have picked them even for the division. 
lol

It sucks but they still have more than enough to right the ship

Chris Taylor and Kiké are better ss defenders and we called up our top prospect Verdugo the other day

Plus Turner will be back in guessing in 3-4 weeks

Not like the dbacks don't have injuries too. They lost Robbie Ray and taijusn Walker

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kershaw missed 3 months in 2016 and 2 months last year

I'm sure you thought we were done then too lol

I just really don't see the dbacks keeping up this play. Dodgers will still be right there

That's it for me in here. I'll be back when the dodgers are in first

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was at the Indians game, and I got a hotdog mascot to get an entire section to boo me

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I was at the Indians game, and I got a hotdog mascot to get an entire section to boo me
How'd you pull that one off?

Also jealous you got to see 2018 Cy Young winner Trevor Bauer in person

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I said a cheese sauce hot dog would be much better than a mustard hotdog, which started a cycle of me harassing him, and him showing me up. My friend snapped the whole thing, I'll try to obtain the videos

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But yes, I did see the 2018 CY Young winner, I was honored

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Kershaw missed 3 months in 2016 and 2 months last year

I'm sure you thought we were done then too lol

I just really don't see the dbacks keeping up this play. Dodgers will still be right there

That's it for me in here. I'll be back when the dodgers are in first
Actually, the Dodgers played better when Kershaw wasn't around for some time last year, but that was just sheer coincidence.

The Dodgers success last year was due to the rise of Cody Bellinger, Justin Turner being better than great but extroadinary and the help from Yu Darvish. Oh and a lot of luck too.

They don't go anywhere without Kershaw. Even if they win the division, without Kershaw being vintage Kershaw, they don't go far in the postseason.

I'm still not sold on the Dbacks just yet, so I'm not sure what to think, but I'm just not sold its the Dodger's year. Outside of Kershaw, nothing's a given. I mean this is a team who starts Logan Forsythe, so what should I think there?

Also, everyone in the NL was weak last year. Cubs underplayed likely due to World Series hangover and the Nats lose more than the Dodgers do.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Obviouslly SSS but Josh Hader has 39 ks in 18ip. Thats unheeard of.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Our mans Trevor Bauer just accused the Astros of doctoring baseballs, and I'm all about this fued

CoachAF

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Our mans Trevor Bauer just accused the Astros of doctoring baseballs, and I'm all about this fued
Bauer is bout to get lit up by the Astros bats. This team has a real bulldog mentality. Cant wait. Trevor needs to stfu

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Michael Brantley hit a 2 out grand slam to tie the game in the 9th lol

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Well, Kimbrel was due to give up that homerun.  Let's get some hits to relieve him of that blown save.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I hate losing one run games... and the Yankees are winning after they took out Verlander.  They'll be up front in the division before no time.

The only silver lining is that Gary Sanchez is on my fantasy team.

catman

Reaction score
Fernando Romero did a nice job today in his major league debut.  The Twins won a ballgame for the first time in what seems like a month.  Odorizzi goes tomorrow against the White Sox in Chicago.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mookie Betts... was on my bench in Fantasy Baseball today because he was day to day and they never made him active on my roster.  At least he's done good for the Red Sox, won't help my fantasy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%