Reaction score
Lebron doesn't have a no trade clause
Interesting

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I know you can't read too much into this stat, but I feel like Kennard always has a really high +/- every time I look at the box scores

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel like the Pistons are always playing the bulls or cavs

Paulius

Reaction score
MexSvi Mykhailiuk said:
I feel like the Pistons are always playing the bulls or cavs
Lmao so true

Or charlotte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Here's the Bosox Possibly Hottest Take Ever Alert:

Let's take a refresher to one of the craziest All Star Weekends out there: 2017 in New Orleans

• February 16 - Kyrie Irving signs on a deal to star in the film, Uncle Drew.
• February 16-19 - NBA All Star Weekend in New Orleans
• February 17 - Flat Earth Kyrie is unleashed to the world.
• February 17 - Anthony Davis, "I'm here to stay"
• February 20 - Demarcus Cousins traded to the Pelicans
• February 21 - Magic Johnson named the President of Basketball Operations for the Lakers.

-------------------------

Kyrie went to talk to NBA superstars to get in the Uncle Drew movie. Shaq, Reggie Miller, Lisa Leslie, etc all ended up starring in the film (produced in Los Angeles). And Kyrie went to Magic to ask to be in the film, where Magic spilled to Kyrie that he can't, because within the week he's going to announce his new job with the Lakers. And from there, Kyrie was bought in to be in the Lakers big picture plan, which takes place this offseason.

Where did he go next? All Star Weekend in New Orleans, home of Anthony Davis. Kyrie would convince Magic to go with the plan if he could get 2 guys to sign in LA, so he convinced both Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant to join him. Davis went to New Orleans management and told them he was going to the Lakers if they didn't get him a star, which is why they immediately traded for Cousins. It still wasn't enough for Davis to say no to the Lakers, so Magic got the confirmation and announced it two days after ASW. 

Kyrie convinced Durant, who was not liking how so many people killed him for going to Golden State (lol how did he not see it coming) and for him to be the Third Eye / Triangle with him in LA, with Anthony Davis being involved as well. That definitely impacted the 2017 Finals, that Golden State won 4-1. Kyrie talked to KD all series, and ultimately convinced him to go on this LA path. Unfortunately the Lakers couldn't sign Durant that offseason so he had to sign a 2 year deal in the offseason, to match Kyrie.

Fast forward to this offseason. 

Lakers will have enough cap to sign a max free agent and more this offseason. Kyrie will sign his max with the Lakers, and then Davis will get traded to the Lakers. Boston will drop out due to Kyrie announcing his departure, giving all the leverage to LA to go get the player who still insists he wants to only be a Laker. He gets traded there for Kuzma, Lonzo, Hart and picks.

But here's where my take goes in a different direction. Back in 2017 Finals, Durant kinda took over the team and I think it rubbed Steph Curry the wrong way. LeBron was getting ho help in his aside from Kyrie and Love, and knew Kyrie was walking. So with Kyrie convincing Durant, Lebron talked it up with Steph, and they want to pair themselves with Klay altogether, in the new San Francisco stadium for the 2019-20 season. 

Lebron needed a way to go to the Warriors to play with Steph. Equal salary would have to be received to a contract LeBron would sign for in a S&T situation, and that wasn't feasible at all. And the best way to do that would be sign with the Lakers for one year, and then have Magic be the bad guy by trading him to the Warriors in exchange for Kevin Durant. 

Unfortunately for everything to work within the CBA to avoid tampering charges, Boston got fucked over by Kyrie not telling Danny of his plan to go to LA until after the trade deadline. He had to ignore the Lakers as much as possible to avoid the tampering from coming unraveled. Out locker room died for this year as a result, but hopefully we'll be able to build around Jaylen and Tatum. We took a swing on the trade, and it didn't work but it was worth the risk. We're in no worse of a position than we would have been.

TL;DR:

• Kyrie announces Uncle Drew
• Talks to Magic
• Kyrie, Davis and Durant on the Lakers in July '19
• Steph Klay and LeBron in San Fran in July '19

Paulius

Reaction score

Paulius

Reaction score
TLDR made me laugh

Bron on Warriors lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Saying it took "that many more free throws or three pointers" isn't really the insult you think it is

Paulius

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Saying it took "that many more free throws or three pointers" isn't really the insult you think it is
I just like the minutes played

Paulius

Reaction score
If Indy stay in 3rd place, they need to give Nick COY

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Here's the Bosox Possibly Hottest Take Ever Alert:

Let's take a refresher to one of the craziest All Star Weekends out there: 2017 in New Orleans

February 16 - Kyrie Irving signs on a deal to star in the film, Uncle Drew.
February 16-19 - NBA All Star Weekend in New Orleans
February 17 - Flat Earth Kyrie is unleashed to the world.
February 17 - Anthony Davis, "I'm here to stay"
February 20 - Demarcus Cousins traded to the Pelicans
February 21 - Magic Johnson named the President of Basketball Operations for the Lakers.

Kyrie went to talk to NBA superstars to get in the Uncle Drew movie. Shaq, Reggie Miller, Lisa Leslie, etc all ended up starring in the film (produced in Los Angeles). And Kyrie went to Magic to ask to be in the film, where Magic spilled to Kyrie that he can't, because within the week he's going to announce his new job with the Lakers. And from there, Kyrie was bought in to be in the Lakers big picture plan, which takes place this offseason.

Where did he go next? All Star Weekend in New Orleans, home of Anthony Davis. Kyrie would convince Magic to go with the plan if he could get 2 guys to sign in LA, so he convinced both Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant to join him. Davis went to New Orleans management and told them he was going to the Lakers if they didn't get him a star, which is why they immediately traded for Cousins. It still wasn't enough for Davis to say no to the Lakers, so Magic got the confirmation and announced it two days after ASW. 

Kyrie convinced Durant, who was not liking how so many people killed him for going to Golden State (lol how did he not see it coming) and for him to be the Third Eye / Triangle with him in LA, with Anthony Davis being involved as well. That definitely impacted the 2017 Finals, that Golden State won 4-1. Kyrie talked to KD all series, and ultimately convinced him to go on this LA path. Unfortunately the Lakers couldn't sign Durant that offseason so he had to sign a 2 year deal in the offseason, to match Kyrie.

Fast forward to this offseason. 

Lakers will have enough cap to sign a max free agent and more this offseason. Kyrie will sign his max with the Lakers, and then Davis will get traded to the Lakers. Boston will drop out due to Kyrie announcing his departure, giving all the leverage to LA to go get the player who still insists he wants to only be a Laker. He gets traded there for Kuzma, Lonzo, Hart and picks.

But here's where my take goes in a different direction. Back in 2017 Finals, Durant kinda took over the team and I think it rubbed Steph Curry the wrong way. LeBron was getting ho help in his aside from Kyrie and Love, and knew Kyrie was walking. So with Kyrie convincing Durant, Lebron talked it up with Steph, and they want to pair themselves with Klay altogether, in the new San Francisco stadium for the 2019-20 season. 

Lebron needed a way to go to the Warriors to play with Steph. Equal salary would have to be received to a contract LeBron would sign for in a S&T situation, and that wasn't feasible at all. And the best way to do that would be sign with the Lakers for one year, and then have Magic be the bad guy by trading him to the Warriors in exchange for Kevin Durant. 

Unfortunately for everything to work within the CBA to avoid tampering charges, Boston got fucked over by Kyrie not telling Danny of his plan to go to LA until after the trade deadline. He had to ignore the Lakers as much as possible to avoid the tampering from coming unraveled. Out locker room died for this year as a result, but hopefully we'll be able to build around Jaylen and Tatum. We took a swing on the trade, and it didn't work but it was worth the risk. We're in no worse of a position than we would have been.

TL;DR:

Kyrie announces Uncle Drew
Talks to Magic
Kyrie, Davis and Durant on the Lakers in July '19
Steph Klay and LeBron in San Fran in July '19
wat

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Maybe the Lebron / KD part. But the Davis and Kyrie stuff isnt

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kyrie going to the Lakers isn't crazy. Although I think he'd go for Bron and to have that caliber of teammate again. Davis? Everyone knows he wants to go to the Lakers already so nothing new there.

Lebron to GS is wild. Durant to the Lakers, eh. If he leaves I think he wants to go to like New York and see if he can get them back on the map, preferably with Kyrie.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also I feel Philly doesn't get talked about much. They should be a top 3 team in the east, probably more top 2. But they aren't. They could be top 3 soon but Indy without their best player seems to be holding them off a bit.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're missing their best player and they have no depth.

Tough combo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%