2018/19 NBA REGULAR SEASON

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
But yeah I don't think Kris Dunn is a starter on a good team. I think he'd be a great backup PG on a playoff team. Sue me.

Paulius

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
But yeah I don't think Kris Dunn is a starter on a good team. I think he'd be a great backup PG on a playoff team. Sue me.
I wont disagree but think he could be a Fisher type PG on a playoff team. A perfect complement to a superstar SG in the backcourt who doesnt need to score just needs to make the right play, be a dog, defend, and hit the occassional 3 etc

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Paulius said:
I wont disagree but think he could be a Fisher type PG on a playoff team. A perfect complement to a superstar SG in the backcourt who doesnt need to score just needs to make the right play, be a dog, defend, and hit the occassional 3 etc
Yeah to me he could very easily be a Marcus Smart type guy who's a role player, comes off the bench, and may even end up closing a lot of games for his team.

Paulius

Reaction score
Which isnt bad

Every championship team needs their Marcus Smart

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Yeah that's fine. You called him a god though. I feel like deep down you think he's a future star, or you at least talk about him in that light sometimes

Paulius

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Yeah that's fine. You called him a god though. I feel like deep down you think he's a future star, or you at least talk about him in that light sometimes
Deep down i think the opposite haha but i def talk about him in that light because theres flashes of potential at points but then he kind of disappears

Its really hard to gauge this bulls team atm. this coach got them fucked up, last in everything offensively ever since he took over, plus they’re tanking so idk

Paulius

Reaction score
Just saw an interesting post

Melo will get his number retired by the Nuggets right? Or the Knicks?

If it was up to me, it’d be the nuggets

But Jokic is also #15...

Sooo....

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Probably both Nuggets and Knicks

Paulius

Reaction score
You still didnt answer the biggest issue thiugh

Jokic is also #15

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
You still didnt answer the biggest issue thiugh

Jokic is also #15
Thats not an issue, whenever they announce Melo's jersey retirement he announces he is changing his number.

This has happened a lot. 

Paulius

Reaction score
No way bro

Jokic can end up having a better career with the nuggets

They arent doing that stop

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
DJT said:
Thats not an issue, whenever they announce Melo's jersey retirement he announces he is changing his number.

This has happened a lot.
There's no chance they'd make Jokic change his number. I'd also be curious how many times this has actually happened in the first place.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Usually happens after trades. Like a veteran comes in and a younger player has to give up the number. (AI getting traded to Philly, Iggy changing his number). It'd be interesting to see if anyone as good as Jokic ever had to change their number though.

I feel Jokic would be fine changing it but it'll be interesting to see. Melo may try to play for 3 more seasons so it may not happen soon.

Paulius

Reaction score
DJT said:
Usually happens after trades. Like a veteran comes in and a younger player has to give up the number. (AI getting traded to Philly, Iggy changing his number). It'd be interesting to see if anyone as good as Jokic ever had to change their number though.

I feel Jokic would be fine changing it but it'll be interesting to see. Melo may try to play for 3 more seasons so it may not happen soon.
This is a completely different situation than what you’re referring to though

If doncic was a rookie and Melo came back to the nuggets, he’d probably give it back to him but right now its different

If anything, nuggets shouldnt have let Jokic get the number if they were planning to retire melos. Maybe it means they wont

Melo probably only cares about new york anyway since thats where hes from but i will always remember him as a Nugget

Paulius

Reaction score
Fun Fact: Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka chose Lonzo over DLo

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
This is a completely different situation than what you’re referring to though

If doncic was a rookie and Melo came back to the nuggets, he’d probably give it back to him but right now its different

If anything, nuggets shouldnt have let Jokic get the number if they were planning to retire melos. Maybe it means they wont

Melo probably only cares about new york anyway since thats where hes from but i will always remember him as a Nugget
Yeah I think, they will retire both. But maybe they'll do the Nuggets one a long time after he retires. I just see them, the Nuggets, honoring him eventually. Maybe they'll get permission to have Jokic keep wearing 15 at that time who knows.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
DJT said:

This is completely different than the situation we are talking about.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
This is completely different than the situation we are talking about.
I mean one is a trade, one is a retirement. And Jokic is a star. 

I just don't see it being an issue. Melo won't have his jersey retired for quite a while since he still thinks he's a star. And at that time they'll figure out if they want to let jokic keep wearing it or ask if he'd be ok changing it. For all we know maybe Jokic is already changing it next season.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paulius said:
Youre not good at predicting player development. Stay in your lane
eh cc has a pretty good eye

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dlo on philly would be nice. him and embiid would be good together

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%