2017 NFL Gameday Thread

BNC

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Kaep isn't good at football man
He's better than several starting QBs as well as pretty much every backup

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Kaep is completely ineffective against any competent defense that can hold down his running game

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
well thats just horrendously false of a take
So is the take about him being a locker room cancer but here we are.

You know the NBA really well, that hasn't seemed to translate over to the NFL from what I've seen this season

BNC

Reaction score
Kaep is better than any QB on the Jets roster, Scott Tolzien (or Brisett), Bortles, Hoyer (though he was never going back), Glennon (or at least more deserving of a contract than Glennon) and probably on par with Siemian. And he's better than pretty much every single back up in the league. 

And based on how Palmer has played towards the end of last year and this week, he may be better than him as well

Foreman

Detroit Vs. Everybody
Reaction score
I'd personally take Palmer and Bortles over Kaep, but I agree with everyone else you listed

BNC

Reaction score
I understand Palmer, but have you ever watched Bortles play?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take Kaep over Cousins.

Should help the tank.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Ill give you Tolzien and the Jets QBs

hes absolutely not better than bortles, hoyer, glennon, simien, and palmer, hes a guy completing < 60% of his throws and has won only two games in his last 18 starts. hes not the same guy that beat green bay years back. once teams realized they just needed to contain the edge and not give him a deep look, he was extremely ineffective. he panics when his first read is taken away, and with teams in contain he cant run, resulting in errant overthrows.

stop living in the past and into just name value; hes not a good quarterback anymore

and lol @ hasnt translated to the nfl. I know football a whole lot better than I know basketball, smh. i just dont live in the past with guys like kaepernick. if he were good enough to be a starting QB then hed be rostered

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
^That. You're underrating Bortles, Glennon, and Siemian. If Glennon had any weapons to speak of he'd hold the job away from Trubisky for several years. Until this season, Bortles has never had a running game or defense. Watch him progress without all the pressure on his arm. And Trevor Siemian isn't losing the starting job in Denver any time soon unless Paxton Lynch all of a sudden progresses greatly. Dude is raw--that Memphis offense was a joke as far as NFL preparation is concerned.

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Kaepernick but tbh the controversy surrounding him is the only reason he's still relevant. But then again maybe he would play better if he was on a team that's not the 49ers....

BNC

Reaction score
I thought the capes would be out for Blake Bortles of all people, the lack of run game has nothing to do with Bortles ability to hit an open receiver. The Jags won yesterday in spite of Bortles who was 11/21 and 125 yards, not to mention his receiving core last year was far superior to Kaepernick's. 

Are quarterbacks really only judges based off of completion percentage and wins while the context of their coaching staff, rosters and health are completely ignored? I thought we had become smarter than that. Even if that were the case, how is it possible to argue Bortles, who had never been over 60% and can't fall back on running, would be better than Kaep. Bortles is atrocious 

Stop living in the past? What are you doing with Mike Glennon then? Glennon hasn't played any meaningful football since 2014, his numbers then were worse than Kaepernick's numbers were last year and even in 2013 when his numbers were also worse than Kaep last year. 

At at least try to give me a better argument than I'm living in the past with Kaep when you bring up his sub 60% complete ion percentage when 4 of the guys you mention as being better have a career completion percentage below 60, and the fifth is sitting at like 61%, and of those 4 only 1 has a higher yards per completion, it makes your argument look uninformed and disingenuous 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
You watch way too much ESPN if you truly believe Kaepernick is still a competent quarterback. Even if he IS better than all those guys you mentioned, is the difference significant enough to justify the huge distraction that signing him will cause? The answer is no. Plus, half of the guys you mentioned are on teams that are rebuilding. Do you still think RG3 is a starter in this league too?

BNC

Reaction score
I don't watch any ESPN, what? A lot of these arguments I've made are just to counter the lazy arguments made against Kaep, the others are mostly from Cain Fahey who analyzes quarterback play that actually puts some numbers in context. And no RG3 hasn't been good in years and can't even stay on the field. 

Neither the Jags, Broncos, or Cardinals are (or are trying to) rebuild. And if the Bears are rebuilding what was the purpose of giving Glennon $15M?

As for the distraction part, what exactly is the distraction going to be? What, and who is going to be distracted from? That's gets thrown around a lot but I don't think anyone knows what they mean by it. Even if he is a distraction, if he helps the team win more games, then yea it's worth it, unless these teams don't care about winning. 

Seriously can someone actually explain to me In to me what is meant by "distraction"? Because from my understanding it's just lazy rhetoric that allows owners/coaches/media pundits to avoid giving reason to why he's not, or shouldn't be, on a roster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%