2017 NFL Gameday Thread

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well of course. I'm not saying the refs cost them the game, they lost it themselves. But it's extremely frustrating to see the game officiated like that.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Maybe don't throw that ball that Jones picked? Hated that sideline penalty, though.

Why'd they go away from Ingram on that final drive? Good lord run the ball. Unless his toe was acting up
Oh that throw was terrible. Terrible play call, terrible decision, terrible execution.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
This was another game marred by ticky-tack penalties. When will the NFL figure out that their best games are with more lenient crews? Model your officiating philosophy off of Bill Vinovich's crew and these problems go away.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently the Saints doctors cleared Kamara to go back in during the 1st quarter but the league doctors didn't. NFL is so fucking shady.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There has never been a problem with team doctors not looking out for a players best interest 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't give me that. Team doctors aren't what they were 10 years ago. Those Saints docs wouldn't send any player back into the game if they felt he was susceptible to more harm.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
For Christ's sake, look at the play. He absolutely wasn't OK. It was for the best for him to sit out

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Vikes are down Remmers and Elflein today. If they can pull this win out, they should be taken very, very seriously in the Super Bowl picture.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Bills and Colts are about to play in a white-out 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The NFL has confirmed that former Falcons player Phil McKinnely served as the down judge for the Saints-Falcons game. McKinnely spent five years with the Falcons, from 1976 through 1980. He played for the Bears in 1981 and the Rams in 1982.

The strangest aspect of the assignment is that McKinnely isnt a member of the crew that worked the game. Hes the down judge on Bill Vinovichs crew, but he was assigned to work on Clete Blakemans crew.
This is looking more and more like the league fucked us lol

BNC

Reaction score
Had Drew Brees not thrown that pick at then end it probably wouldn't have even mattered

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
fucking matt stafford doing lion things before the half

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
This is looking more and more like the league fucked us lol
i got my tinfoil hat on. im ready for some more fax

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can’t stsnd the NFL’s catch rule. Why is it so complicated only in this league??

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
i got my tinfoil hat on. im ready for some more fax
It's like Lubeless 101

The P.R.-obsessed NFL is still susceptible to bad optics.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that former Saints employee Mike Cerullo has been hired by the league office. He’s a director of football administration, working in the department that will be responsible for determining the discipline to be imposed, if any, on Saints coach Sean Payton for his interactions with officials on Thursday night.

Former Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma outed Cerullo as a disgruntled former employee of the Saints, a theme that continued throughout the legal drama that emerged in the aftermath of the allegation that the Saints gave players a financial incentive to inflict injury on opponents. The league said he should be “commended” for coming forward.

Some will now say that he’s actually been rewarded, five years later, for helping the NFL with its effort to punish the Saints for (in my view) a trumped-up charge without (in former Commissioner Paul Tagliabue’s view) considering broader cultural realities, including for example the fact that plenty of other teams were giving players a little extra money for doing that which they already had a natural incentive to do — render opponents incapable of continuing via the application of clean, legal hits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%