2017 NFL Gameday Thread

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Forbath is nice but I sure wish Walsh could have figured it out because it'd be nice to have a kicker who could try 55+ if needed. I wouldn't even give Forbath a chance.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, dude has the weakest leg for a kicker that I can remember.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
A lot of radio personalities and fans around here and saying "stick with Keenum!"

FUCK no. He gives you a chance to win but he also gives you a chance to lose to lesser competition. He's a capable starter on a really good team, but he'll never, ever beat a better team. Not gonna happen. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man, the Browns have some athletes on defense.

With a healthy Garrett, I can't imagine that they're very far from fielding a legit defensive unit.

They really have a lot of young, raw talent overall... I hope they can put it all together, because if the Redskins sign Cousins long-term, I think the Browns will become my #1 team.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
We just got robbed of a 40 yard pickup on a garbage call. I fucking hate Jeff Triplette. He's always been terrible.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
teams have asked the lions about trading calvin johnson

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
We just got robbed of a 40 yard pickup on a garbage call. I fucking hate Jeff Triplette. He's always been terrible.
lol what? You're not allowed to have a separate lineman go high and low on the same person, it's a clear rule.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And then they get bailed out on a bullshit pass interference.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:

With a healthy Garrett, I can't imagine that they're very far from fielding a legit defensive unit.

They really have a lot of young, raw talent overall... I hope they can put it all together, because if the Redskins sign Cousins long-term, I think the Browns will become my #1 team.

Not a Cousins fan?

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
elcheato said:
lol what? You're not allowed to have a separate lineman go high and low on the same person, it's a clear rule.

It was incidental. If it was intentional I think I warrants an ejection, personally. I agree with the rule. I don't think it applied to that play since it wasn't an intended act. Reiff didn't know Isiodora fell over.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
And then they get bailed out on a bullshit pass interference.

You can't hit the WR early lolololol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Incidental is irrelevant, because then it becomes a judgement call you that you would clearly complain about all the time. It's either a rule or not, in this case it's a rule

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:

Hated him since day one.

That's too bad. He is pretty good. I think I'd like him more without the dumb shit like "YOU LIKE THAT?" and "HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW?" While we all know dumbass Bruce Allen pushed a good GM in Scot McCloughan out the door, Cousins buying into the "the GM doesn't like me" talk didn't help. Granted, McCloughan is very, very into "has-it-all" QB prospects and Cousins lacks size and I for one think he's going to kill his arm within the next few years.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Incidental is irrelevant, because then it becomes a judgement call you that you would clearly complain about all the time. It's either a rule or not, in this case it's a rule

Honestly I say get rid of chop blocks at all levels of football. If you can't physically beat the guy you're blocking, too bad. Cut/chop blocks needed to go.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Cousins isn't bad, but he's basically peaked

I think either Doctson or Pryor needs to show major progress in the second half of the season or Kirk is gone.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:

The Cleveland media is already asking the Browns to blow it all up again, and Haslam will cave to the pressure. It's inevitable. He'll prob hire Peyton Manning and clean house

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I mean, aren't they in a lot of games? 1-22 be damned. They don't have offensive talent. This was a 5 year rebuild from the beginning. Let Jackson put in the work. The local media puts so much pressure on professional sports teams. It's crazy. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's a little different since the Browns hired a front office with an "analytics" (they really aren't focused on analytics, it's too broad a term) background, and most writers cant do basic math, so they were against it from the beginning when they heard analytics 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%