2017 NFL Gameday Thread

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BNC said:
Aaron Rodgers is the best QB I've ever seen. Brady's had a more successful career, but Rodgers is more talented
Brady is just too damn clutch, not that Rodgers isn't either. I don't think Rodgers will surpass Brady's career, but I don't disagree that if you were building a new prototypical quarterback it would be based on Aaron.

Like if he retired after this season, he's already clearly better than Steve Young in the All-Time rankings. I think if he could even just get to another Super Bowl he could jump Marino and Elway, and especially so if he wins it. He has a lot of football still left in him, enough to eventually jump Manning, which is what I think should be his realistic goal. You need the championships aspect in order to get to the Brady/Montana level

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Brady is just too damn clutch, not that Rodgers isn't either. I don't think Rodgers will surpass Brady's career, but I don't disagree that if you were building a new prototypical quarterback it would be based on Aaron.

Like if he retired after this season, he's already clearly better than Steve Young in the All-Time rankings. I think if he could even just get to another Super Bowl he could jump Marino and Elway, and especially so if he wins it. He has a lot of football still left in him, enough to eventually jump Manning, which is what I think should be his realistic goal. You need the championships aspect in order to get to the Brady/Montana level
I'm talking strictly about talent when I say he's the best, I agree that he won't pass Brady on most people's all time list simply because of the titles, but in football I generally don't value the Super Bowls that highly for any individual player simply because of how much needs to happen that is completely out of their control. Brady is soooo damn close to having only won 3 super bowls at a very early stage of his career. I don't think we should look at him any different simply because 
Seattle threw the ball rather than running it, he did his part and they were up, the fate of that game was completely out of his control.

So when I'm talking about just physical talents I'm talking strictly about the throws that Rodgers makes that I don't think anyone else is able to, it also helps that he can run when he needs to. I guess I just do my all time rankings a bit differently, I typically take the approach of if I were building a team who would I want? That way I only really use talent and not a number of other factors that the player doesn't really have much control over.

I also find it a bit difficult to separate Brady from Belicek, like how much different would their careers play out if Brady were playing for McCarthy and Rodgers for Belicek? Especially for something like football where I think the impact coaching has on a team is the greatest.

Jimmer

Hypebeast
Reaction score
Kaepernick should be on an NFL roster rn but the NFL owners don't want anything to do with him because he wouldn't stand during the nation anthem? That's the dumbest shit I have ever heard. If Aaron Rodgers or Cam Newton took a knee the NFL wouldn't do shit. Kapernick is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL when he has a good coach like Harbough and that's a fact. Harbough would let Kap do what he wanted because most teams figured him out so Harbough had him do different shit and it worked and Kap was a top 10 QB? Remember that? That was like 3 seasons ago. Kelly and that other dude we had Tomsula let Kap run and everyone knew what he would do so Kap wasn't as good. Put Kap on any team that has a good coach and he will dominate the NFL like he did just a few seasons ago. We have whole teams staying in the locker room during the national anthem and what happened to them? Nothing!. We have people like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers saying it's disgusting that Kap isn't on an NFL team. You could've asked any defense 3-4 seasons ago the question of who was the best QB you faced and many of them would say Kap because he could run the ball like no other QB and has an arm like Aaron's rodgers.

Kap is better than all or majority of the backup QB's and better than like 7-10 starting QB's in the NFL rn. We got young QB's aren't ready for the game yet and old washed up QB's that are starting but a 29 year old that is faster than any QB in the league and maybe some running backs and has an arm as good as any not on a team because of political reasons? Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck the NFL owners for that reason.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I don't think rings should matter. It's not either Brady or Montana's fault, obviously, but they were in incredible situations at the times of their greatest success. Rodgers's teams have always lacked something major

Jimmer

Hypebeast
Reaction score
Joe Montana is the best QB that has played in the NFL. 2nd would be Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers is somewhere in the top 15

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You have a very strong opinion of the former Chiefs legend 

Jimmer

Hypebeast
Reaction score
elcheato said:
You have a very strong opinion of the former Chiefs legend
He was more known when he was with the 49ers.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Any good LTs who might be drafted top 5? Giants might as well tank now. Beckham, Marshall and Shepard all fucked. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Giants are drafting top 5, they're drafting Eli's replacement. 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The deep ball from Watson was beautiful

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
that link above wont load for me on mobile but i assume this is what you were trying to show

https://streamable.com/3ledl

thats the dolphins OL coach

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man, leave the guy alone and let him snort coke off his wife's pussy.  This is America.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wait, was it a hooker?

Hell, even better.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/GoHeadBlockMe/status/917242904254582784

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Why would a stripper release incriminating footage of a client snorting lines of cocaine?  The easy answer would be, “for money,” but that doesn’t appear to be the case here.

On Sunday, Kijuana Nige released a video showing Miami Dolphins offensive line coach Chris Foerster snorting three lines of cocaine.  If you haven’t seen it yet, you can check it out here. (Warning: It’s NSFW.)

Early Monday morning, Kijuana issued a statement explaining why she did what she did.  And apparently, it has absolutely nothing to do with money, and everything to do with the social injustices that minorities face.
Here’s a look at the message she posted on Facebook, which has since been deleted (via BSO):

“The white people mad at me like I forced blow down this man’s nose and like I recorded it on tha low.
“No those are his habits and he recorded himself and sent it to me professing his love.
“So quick to make excuses for him but will roast a minority player over an anthem, dog fights, weed, domestic issues etc.
“But y’all keep saying ALL LIVES MATTER STFU.”

Uhhh

BNC

Reaction score
elcheato said:
https://twitter.com/GoHeadBlockMe/status/917242904254582784
This was Stephen A smith's greatest moment IMO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%