Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/5583656

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
I associate her voice with awful big ten games that kickoff at noon.

Nothing wrong with watching Rutgers vs Northwestern lol.

BNC

Reaction score
"And the momentum has shifted" (in favour of the Chargers) literally 5 seconds later Denver picks up a 44 yard pass plus a 15 yard penalty. Huh, maybe momentum doesn't actually exist?

BNC

Reaction score
Do you understand the concept of momentum and stupidly convenient it is to point out? Tomorrow I'll run through a number of examples to show just how ridiculous it is

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Same old Saints. Every year they're supposed to be better and they never are. The changes at the top are long overdue.

Bradford looked good though. He threw some absolute dimes.
It'll never change until Sean Payton is gone. Just like Les Miles, they live off their past success and hope the same things they were doing 10 years ago still work.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BNC said:
Do you understand the concept of momentum and stupidly convenient it is to point out? Tomorrow I'll run through a number of examples to show just how ridiculous it is
And for all examples of something that you think doesn't exist, people could come up with just as many to show that they think it does.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess momentum could potentially exist in small time frames, but I don't believe in it either.  Especially teams carrying "momentum" week-to-week while on a winning streak.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Would you consider heat check threes in basketball as an example of momentum?

That's as close to momentum in sports as I'm willing to accept.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:
Bronco nation smh lol.
They won me some money last night lol

#InVanceWeTrust #BroncoNation #BlueAndOrange4Lyfe #MileHighClub

Delirium

Super Legend
Reaction score
Momentum is definitely a real thing. When things do or don't go right if affects a lot of things. You don't even have to play sports to understand it. If you're having a bad day, it affects your mood and that affects your actions. And when you're having a good day and aren't worried about anything, things get done. Of course a player or coach is affected when a big play happens that changes their confidence or gameplan.

BNC

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
And for all examples of something that you think doesn't exist, people could come up with just as many to show that they think it does.
All of which are extremely convenient events and a case of confirmation bias. If it actually existed you would think it would be consistent, no? Or at least consistent enough to be statistically significant, but it's not because it doesn't exist

BNC

Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
i assume he hasnt
Lol, I just understand that these ideas many people have about sports aren't actually supportsled by anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%