2017 NBA Post-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It actually probably would have made the most sense to trade Westbrook, because he certainly would have gotten a higher return than Harden did (even just for contractual reasons alone), and Harden could have played point and turned into what he is for Houston

Plus then maybe Durant doesn't leave either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Does Scott brooks turn harden into a PG though? That was very outside the box thinking from MDA.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I thought about that too, but I'm also not sure how good Harden would be running the point in any other system.

There's a lot of moving parts to that scenario.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's easy to say in hindsight that Harden and Durant would have been the most successful duo out of the four.

I don't think there are a lot of people that would have pulled the trigger on a Westbrook trade to keep Harden and make him the primary ball handler.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think there's probably 0 people who would've done that in 2012, unless I'm forgetting someone's absurdly hot takes at the time

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
definitely 0

the whole westbrook / durant rifts didn't start populating until 2015ish

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And the debate was silly, because even back then Harden was a lot better than Ibaka

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think that's revisionist history. I remember a lot of people saying they should choose Ibaka given his rim protecting ability, who at the time was 22 and looked to have a lot more potential than what he ended up becoming.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I think that's revisionist history. I remember a lot of people saying they should choose Ibaka given his rim protecting ability, who at the time was 22 and looked to have a lot more potential than what he ended up becoming.
thats true. i wanna say i was with that thinking too

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
it's not tho

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
How many titles do the Thunder have right now if they chose Harden over Ibaka?
you mean harden over Westbrook

Maybe 1

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Does Scott brooks turn harden into a PG though? That was very outside the box thinking from MDA.
not really. Hes been pg for years. Mda just made it official for psychological reasons

Lebron could be listed as pg too

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
not really. Hes been pg for years. Mda just made it official for psychological reasons

Lebron could be listed as pg too
You aren't wrong, but that change still happened after he left OKC.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of thinking about the draft and what may happen

#1, Celtics take Fultz. Ainge has loved the kid for a while. apparently he put the 2017 1st on the table for Butler during the deadline, but with the #1 protected (which is dumb as fuck for chicago), so it's pointless to argue Boston going another direction

#2, Lakers is where it gets interesting. The Lakers just signed Clarkson to an extension, and still have DLo too. And you can bet your asses they will push 110% to go after Westbrook next offseason in Free Agency. There are not a lot of room for guards on that team, especially if the guards available are not the best off-ball.

I think the Lakers actually go Josh Jackson. Him with Ingram on the wing actually could be scary good if they both develop as intended.

Then the Sixers are at #3, and they are prime. They should be looking at three guards -- Ball, Fox, and Monk. Ball is probably the BPA but with the intent of Simmons playing point forward, it might make more sense to go after Fox or Monk. Fox will defend point guards better than Fultz, Ball, Monk, and DSJ, and can be the #2 ball handler on that team. Not a lot of shooting still, so Monk might not be a bad play for them either to be their sharpshooter. Overall it makes the most sense to flip 3 for 5 and 10, and let the Kings take their pick of guards, Suns take Tatum or Isaac (apparently they like him but he seems superfluous with Bender and Chriss imo), and then Philly can still get their choice of guards at 5 while gaining another pick

TLDR
1. BOS Fultz
2. LAL Jackson
3. SAC Ball/Fox
4. PHX Tatum/Isaac
5. PHI Fox/Ball/Monk

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ive heard luke may be pushing jackson to try and mimic the warriors
Yes he and ingram are similar, but so were klay, iggy and barnes

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
jackson can play 2-4 so it allows a ton of switching defensively too

i just question lonzo's effectiveness if he were off ball. He's a great distributor, but he's not a good defender really (although he could be coached up) and i just wonder how good of a fit he'd be if the Lakers were serious about Westbrook

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whispers of kendall marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%