2017-2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Honestly, don't know don't care, but people were saying the same thing when the Yankees signed Ellsbury (they had no room in the outfield) and look what they did there.  I got bombasted at one forum for saying Ellsbury was going to the Yankees, and I was right the whole time.  The Steinbrenners know how to win.

This being said, I doubt he goes to the Yankees.  But I wouldn't be surprised if he does.
But see, they have to care. Now, I don't think either judge or Stanton would be worse if they played left every day. But you have to convince them to move and keep em happy. Meanwhile, they have a manager with 0 managing experience. Going to be a TOUGH sell from him. That's a big thing to throw on him day 1.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Judge stanton and gary
Damn lol

I want yelich now

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Holy shit the Yankees might do this.

Goddamn, that lineup.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score

SATURDAY, 12:35am: “Serious” talks between the Yankees and Marlins have been underway for “at least a few days,” Heyman tweets. Indeed, the presence of a more desirable potential landing spot (from Stanton’s perspective) may even have dissuaded the slugger somewhat from accepting a move to the Giants or Cardinals, Heyman suggests.
FRIDAY, 11:41pm: A deal to send Stanton to New York is “close if not done,” a source tells Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle (via Twitter).

Per MLBTR.

Hand over the AL East already.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
We're screwed.  

Like I said, no matter what year or what players they have, the Yankees are a franchise built off winning.  Everything they do is about winning.  No other single franchise can say they do the same thing.  Not in the same way as the Yankees.  They're legit.  They have people in that office who will do anything to win.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
But see, they have to care. Now, I don't think either judge or Stanton would be worse if they played left every day. But you have to convince them to move and keep em happy. Meanwhile, they have a manager with 0 managing experience. Going to be a TOUGH sell from him. That's a big thing to throw on him day 1.
What does that have to do with anything?

You think the Yankees are intentionally not making themselves better because their manager has no experience?  That makes zero sense at all.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
That's not really what I said. I just said it's not going to be easy for a rookie manager to move one of them to another position. They might not like being moved to LF or DH or whatever. And they might just put one of them in as a DH for now, I don't know. Maybe they'll be cool with it. I don't know. I'm just hypothesizing that ownership needs to "care". Whatever, I was actually agreeing with you that the trade was possible but why I didn't think it was likely they would make the trade. 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sanchez
Bird
???
Didi
Machado
Gardner
Harper
Judge
Stanton

What a lineup

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
That's not really what I said. I just said it's not going to be easy for a rookie manager to move one of them to another position. They might not like being moved to LF or DH or whatever. And they might just put one of them in as a DH for now, I don't know. Maybe they'll be cool with it. I don't know. I'm just hypothesizing that ownership needs to "care". Whatever, I was actually agreeing with you that the trade was possible but why I didn't think it was likely they would make the trade. 
I get it.  But honestly, I think the talent is what drives the team more than the manager's decisions.  They're going to need very few "in the moment" decisions before the postseason.  

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Teagz said:
Sanchez
Bird
???
Didi
Machado
Gardner
Harper
Judge
Stanton

What a lineup

If this actually happens, Murders' Row 2.0. And not some media exaggerated Murder's Row.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jesus they're gonna be fun as fuck

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Sanchez
Bird
???
Didi
Machado
Gardner
Harper
Judge
Stanton

What a lineup
If it gets to that point, get rid of Gardner.  Her's not even that good.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've been out of the net for a few days. Are we talking about how much of a little bitch Ohtani is?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
lol calm down snowflake

Snowflake? Quite the contrary. Ohtani would be the snowflake. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%