2017/18 NBA Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
That team 3 should have Curry or Russ instead of Kyrie, AD instead of Boogie, and theyd still be the worst probably

Team 1 wins easy
Should be Curry but CP 3 would be ahead of Russ. AI over Nash? Whoever put those teams together did an awful job

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
at what point can we be legitimately calling wiggins a bust based on expectations that he had?

that entire draft really ended up so underwhelming. it's crazy how many players from this class seem to have a ton of potential, yet never fully become what we thought they'd be. 

wiggins, jabari, exum, gordon, smart, randle, lavine all have shown at times all star potential, but they definitely havent reached it. It's arguable that the three most successful players from this draft so far are 3 centers: Embiid, Jokic, and Capela.
When did smart show all star potential?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
When did smart show all star potential?
he's an all 1st defensive team talent, and has shown on very brief occasions to be able to score the ball (Game 3 vs CLE last year for instance). He's always been a good facilitator, and makes clutch plays over and over again.

If Smart could shoot like an average NBA player, he'd be a starter on almost every team, and if he could shoot well he'd be an All Star. It's literally his shooting mechanics that hold him back, which is why he's under the "almost" category like the other guys I mentioned

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Poppa said:

Team 2 >>
team 3 needs kyrie replaced with curry and i might pick them. And replace boogie with embiid

Ill go team 1

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
https://streamable.com/p1aom
excellent aim with his right

Ive heard some say he needs to shoot righty

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Lol okay kid
You've never actually countered my arguments about Smart. Please enlighten me that if Smart shot 42/34/80 from the field that he still wouldn't be an All-Star caliber player.

• He is never shy about big moments (at times to his fault with his chucking)
• Only reason he might not make All-Defensive team this year would be due to lack of games played
• Averaging the same APG as a backup PG to guys like Bledsoe and Dragic

I can understand saying he's not good because he can't shoot. He flashes it at times, but is way too inconsistent to say he's anything more than just mediocre. BUT if he could shoot, he'd be an All Star caliber. And I'd love to hear you reason otherwise

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
You've never actually countered my arguments about Smart. Please enlighten me that if Smart shot 42/34/80 from the field that he still wouldn't be an All-Star caliber player.

• He is never shy about big moments (at times to his fault with his chucking)
• Only reason he might not make All-Defensive team this year would be due to lack of games played
• Averaging the same APG as a backup PG to guys like Bledsoe and Dragic

I can understand saying he's not good because he can't shoot. He flashes it at times, but is way too inconsistent to say he's anything more than just mediocre. BUT if he could shoot, he'd be an All Star caliber. And I'd love to hear you reason otherwise
Saying "if Smart could shoot" is far too big of a leap of faith than I'm willing to take. For none of the other guys that you named (Wiggins, Parker, Gordon, Randle, LaVine) do you need to take such a leap to say that they've shown star potential, with the exception of Exum who probably shouldn't have been named in the first place, like Smart. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Saying "if Smart could shoot" is far too big of a leap of faith than I'm willing to take. For none of the other guys that you named (Wiggins, Parker, Gordon, Randle, LaVine) do you need to take such a leap to say that they've shown star potential, with the exception of Exum who probably shouldn't have been named in the first place, like Smart. 
i agree with this. id group smart with wiggins as a tier under the first named guys, and exum would be a tier beneath them.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wonder where jabari will be next year since word is the bucks are definitely not bringing him back

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hed be perfect in Charlotte .. idk if they have any Cap though

Other then that.. idk

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Charlotte needs Seth Curry let's go

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
3 points in 29 minutes for JET Terry

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Quinn Cook been ballin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%