Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LeBron fatigue

Hes probably putting up better overall numbers

But James finally had the narrative on his side and he's putting up massive numbers too

Its all politics. James is clear leader

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes, LeBron James is the clear leader

Paulius

Reaction score
Hardens narrative isnt better than Lebrons this season

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
It's fine, because even if he wins it, you'll just say "regular season awards mean nothing folding chairs in the playoffs #BrodieSZN!!!"

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We're at the point now where he has no choice but to pull for LeBron for mvp lol

Paulius

Reaction score
Lebron is having a monster season at the age of 33 with a bunch of Korvers

Hes the front runner right now

29/9/9 on 56/42/78 is absurd. Dont have to pull for anything, this is the mvp so far and its clear as day

CoachAF

Reaction score
Mexi said:
LeBron fatigue

Hes probably putting up better overall numbers

But James finally had the narrative on his side and he's putting up massive numbers too

Its all politics. James is clear leader

It's actually a lot closer than I thought, and LeBron might even be ahead. LeBron is rebounding more and playing better defense, and Harden is scoring more and assisting more. Both have a good case. 

Harden: 3.0 VORP, 124 off. rating, 104 def. rating
LeBron:  3.4 VORP 123 off. rating, 107 def. rating

I think James will win it this year

CoachAF

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Lebron is having a monster season at the age of 33 with a bunch of Korvers

Hes the front runner right now

29/9/9 on 56/42/78 is absurd. Dont have to pull for anything, this is the mvp so far and its clear as day

Here's what kills me though....Harden has had TWO great seasons with a bunch of Korvers and still came up short to Wessy and Steph

Paulius

Reaction score
Coach said:

Here's what kills me though....Harden has had TWO great seasons with a bunch of Korvers and still came up short to Wessy and Steph
Stop living in the past

CoachAF

Reaction score
Big Poppa said:
Stop living in the past

just pointing out the holes in that argument. They seem to not exist when used for certain players. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Coach said:

just pointing out the holes in that argument. They seem to not exist when used for certain players. 
Maybe they don't exist because they're wrong? His supporting cast was fine last year. Hell one of the reasons Russell won it is because Harden's was much better.

CoachAF

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Maybe they don't exist because they're wrong? His supporting cast was fine last year. Hell one of the reasons Russell won it is because Harden's was much better.

Ugh...."a bunch of Korvers" = a bunch of solid role players, but no stars/superstars. Right? That's how I read it. 

Name one star/superstar that played for the Rockets last year, not named Harden? He had a solid supporting cast, and surely some of them are household names (Gordon/Anderson). None of them are clearly stars though. They are solid role players. 

Then there's 14-15 where he had crappy Dwight and then *crickets*.... He carried a group of players similar to last year's OKC team, to the 2nd seed in the West. But because Steph's team won more games, he got the award. 

the supporting cast argument has been used only as a reason when it benefits the person using it. Therefore, I don't place much value in it. 

What do the stats tell us?? It's a close race between two guys named James. Like Hurricane Season said, "it's december". I think Harden is out to prove the voters last year wrong. I dont care who wins it as long as the Rockets keep playing the way they have been to start the season. They look every bit of the #1 seed in the West. I think Harden cares more about that in the end...

Paulius

Reaction score
Like CC said, if Harden wins it its more of a sympathy award but Lebron is cleary more valuable

If Bron keeps up these stats, its not even fair

Not to mention Kyrie left, IT injured half a season, TT, Rose and his best player right now is Kyle Korver

Come on now

Paulius

Reaction score
Stephs season was ridiculous, theres no argument that can be used how Harden should have won. Historic season

Russells was historic too

Not much can be done about it really

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the collapse is real and is going at full force

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pistons were for real, are not for real anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%