2016 NBA Finals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think Dan Gilbert would have bought the team if LeBron wasn't on it originally 

BNC

Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Eh. They'll win another title or 2 in the next 2-3 seasons barring injury. It's just one disappointment during a run of 6-8 years where they'll have been contenders.
I mean, weren't we saying the same thing about the Thunder in 2012? It sure seems like they will but Bogut/Iggy are getting old, Barnes and Festus are about to sign huge offer sheets and Steph is a FA next year. This will probably be the best team they have

BNC

Reaction score
elcheato said:
I don't think Dan Gilbert would have bought the team if LeBron wasn't on it originally 

That's possible, but when an NBA team is available for sale you kinda need to take advantage of that if you want to own one

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
apparently lebron after last year's finals was told by an unnamed person from the Heat that he made the biggest mistake of his career, and that was what motivated him extra hard this postseason

wish i knew who it was. could easily see it being pat riley

Paulius

Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Eh. They'll win another title or 2 in the next 2-3 seasons barring injury. It's just one disappointment during a run of 6-8 years where they'll have been contenders.
73 win team? Up 3-1? Unanimous mvp on the team? Not the biggest choke in the history of the league?? Come on bruh

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This series is an example of why I think it's hilarious people think LeBron would leave once he won a title here. He ain't leaving a 24 year old who hasn't hit his prime yet who just averaged 27 ppg in the finals, and outplayed the unanimous MVP.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I would say the 06-07 Mavericks, with MVP Dirk and a league best 67 wins, losing in six games in the first round is a much bigger choke job than the Warriors losing Gm7 of the Finals

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Curry coulda just drove past him at any time, which is what he should have done. Was gunning for a three. 
he wanted that three BAD

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:

Couple of weeks ago you were pissed that the Dubs were written in as a champion. 

Revisiting this post... It's entirely possible that I'm forgetting, but I have absolutely no recollection of ever saying that.  This has bothered me for hours.

Are you besmirching my name, bussy?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I would say the 06-07 Mavericks, with MVP Dirk and a league best 67 wins, losing in six games in the first round is a much bigger choke job than the Warriors losing Gm7 of the Finals
The Warriors were up 3-1 with 2 games left at home where they had arguably the biggest home court advantage in the league

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:

Revisiting this post... It's entirely possible that I'm forgetting, but I have absolutely no recollection of ever saying that.  This has bothered me for hours.

Are you besmirching my name, bussy?

Dunno man. All I'm saying is that we've had some interesting turnouts in the last three series. Thunder were supposed to advance, Warriors had it won already, even the Raps made it interesting for a second.
Yes the playoffs were pretty average, the finals were crap and in the end the two teams we all thought stood in the finals, but that's the nature of 7 game series. The better team usually advances, that's not a new thing in the NBA.
What I don't get is how you can be let down after Game 7. That was a game for the ages.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because the team I wanted to win didn't, and I didn't actually get to watch the game.

brett05

Reaction score
So does this officially end the talk of the Warriors being in the same league as the 96 Bulls?

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
brett05 said:
So does this officially end the talk of the Warriors being in the same league as the 96 Bulls?
Absolutely not.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
brett05 said:
Absolutely (don't listen to bware).

Can't be the best team if you don't even win a championship

I guess they're the best team to never win though

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's still real

And here's a guy dabbing on Steph's dad
https://vine.co/v/5Bu3duZ9UWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%