2016 MLB Postseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Also, why are you millennials not hating on the Rangers for their run differential?
i didnt realize it was 8

But ive been on their bandwagon since last year. Beltran, lucroy and now gomez only enhanced it

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Nah, Boston has the MVP and CY Young. Would be pretty bad to not win the world series after that tho, no pressure
britton has it locked up

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
i didnt realize it was 8

But ive been on their bandwagon since last year. Beltran, lucroy and now gomez only enhanced it
Saying it's "only 8" implies that if matters at all, which it doesn't.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It kinda does matter. Winning by slim margins is unsustainable. Acting like a team can't have a flukey year that spans 162 games is foolish tho.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
It kinda does matter. Winning by slim margins is unsustainable. Acting like a team can't have a flukey year that spans 162 games is foolish tho.
It's very sustainable if you have a good bullpen. For some sports I might give a little weight to point differential, but not baseball. When you lose a game by 10 runs, what typically happens? Your starter has a bad day and then your mop up guy, typically the worst pitcher on any team, comes in and sucks? And then the next night you win by a run and that doesn't hold the same weight to you? Baseball run differential is literally the most meaningless stat.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Their bullpen ERA ranks 25th in the league

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
All their main guys have been pretty good. I don't like looking at bullpen ERA as an overall stat for the same reason, it's slanted by guys who aren't going to even make the playoff roster

brett05

Reaction score
Mexi said:
i didnt realize it was 8

It's because they've been blown out quite a bit in losses.  However, you look, at the Rangers record against the best teams and they are 29 over .500.  The rest of the teams that are over .500 against the same are only 38 games over combined!

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
All their main guys have been pretty good. I don't like looking at bullpen ERA as an overall stat for the same reason, it's slanted by guys who aren't going to even make the playoff roster
rangers trash get over it

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
brett05 said:
It's because they've been blown out quite a bit in losses.  However, you look, at the Rangers record against the best teams and they are 29 over .500.  The rest of the teams that are over .500 against the same are only 38 games over combined!
lol can you please fucking stop with this

Your stat ONLY holds up by including the Asstros.

Texas has a 53.3% win percentage against playoff teams, when Boston has a 55.7% win percentage (and the much larger sample size). Texas plays in arguably the easiest division in baseball lmao

Foreman

Detroit Vs. Everybody
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Is there a chance Verlander wins the Cy? That almost seems unheard of based on where he was two years ago.
Saw a chart comparing him to other AL candidates and he was leading in mostly everything, but his 16-9 record could hold him back. Also had the lowest run support out of the other guys too. But I think Porcello is gonna get it

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
lol can you please fucking stop with this

Your stat ONLY holds up by including the Asstros.

Texas has a 53.3% win percentage against playoff teams, when Boston has a 55.7% win percentage (and the much larger sample size). Texas plays in arguably the easiest division in baseball lmao
Why would you just take out a team that the Rangers played 19 games against? That doesn't seem fair

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yes! got 2 free tickets to the Wild Card game tomorrow night. It's gonna be insane. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Why would you just take out a team that the Rangers played 19 games against? That doesn't seem fair
because it is literally a statistical outlier. I can show you the math if you don't believe me lol

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't believe Rick Porcello turned into a Cy Young quality pitcher, even if it's only for one season. That dude, at his best, was only a league average starter for the first seven years of his career and was frustrating as hell to watch.

Still don't trust him to pitch well in a playoff game though.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
brett05 said:

He won't get a first place vote and rightly so.
oh he'll get mpre than 1.
Guys like bowden, Rosenthal and heyman all picked him. Theyre a pretty solid indication at how the votes will go

brett05

Reaction score
Mexi said:
oh he'll get mpre than 1.
Guys like bowden, Rosenthal and heyman all picked him. Theyre a pretty solid indication at how the votes will go
We shall see.  I predict he'll not get a vote.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
because it is literally a statistical outlier. I can show you the math if you don't believe me lol
If you take out the Astros from that sample, their winning % against teams .500 or better is still 62.5% vs. Boston's 53.3%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%